Predeparture Covid tests

Tug 1947

1 hour ago, Tug 1947 said:

Conflicting advice about covid test one email says certified supervised RATS the other says self administraded RAts. Which one is correct leaving from Cairns to Bali

I would consult your country-level or Queensland gov't protocols, then try to verify them with Viking. Things have been changing so fast in some countries that the cruise lines can't keep up, and conflicting advice is not uncommon. 🍺🥌

2 hours ago, Tug 1947 said:

Conflicting advice about covid test one email says certified supervised RATS the other says self administraded RAts. Which one is correct leaving from Cairns to Bali

Tug,definitely agree re conflicting advice from Viking re the embarkation in Cairns protocols.  I have emailed Viking today seeking clarification, as the Eastern Seaboard Protocols that govern cruise ship requirements and the Queensland Protocols both indicate Self Administered RAT test and not the Certified test that Viking indicate.  I queried whether the certified RAT was an additional requirement from Viking???  I am also on the Cairns to Bali section.  
So will wait and see if I get a response from Viking.  

cheers

V.

• 3 weeks later...
On 10/7/2022 at 2:38 PM, Kangakid said:

Tug,definitely agree re conflicting advice from Viking re the embarkation in Cairns protocols.  I have emailed Viking today seeking clarification, as the Eastern Seaboard Protocols that govern cruise ship requirements and the Queensland Protocols both indicate Self Administered RAT test and not the Certified test that Viking indicate.  I queried whether the certified RAT was an additional requirement from Viking???  I am also on the Cairns to Bali section.  
So will wait and see if I get a response from Viking.  

cheers

V.

I live in Australia and it seems there are restrictions on cruise passengers - unlike incoming flights. This is a 'protocol' document that explains it and seems to apply to all east and west coast ports.

Maree

18_July_Eastern_Seaboard_Cruise_Protocols.pdf