Who else lost their Covid vouchers and didn't understand they can't be used but once?

We booked the cruise Viking had  around Spain /Portugal and into London for 2022 that we had to cancel for Covid    We were rewarded vouchers good for one year.  With those, we booked  Secrets of SE Asia  for March 2023. Now the rub.  When Omicron was predicted to last through at least spring of 2023 we  cancelled that one too,  assuming the vouchers could be transferred to our next cruise.  Not so! I'm out $4000 because Viking said so.  So mad I could  strangle the entire exec team.  We cancelled in time to avoid those penalties, but lost the vouchers even though intent was not a cash refund, but to be used on the next non-Covid cruise.  Viking would lose nothing if they accommodated us.  Instead,  they may have earned my bad juju and lose my future cruise revenue entirely.  Why?   Dumb!  It makes them just one more trashy cruise line.  Ideas for a successful argument to change their minds?    Thanks!

• 1 month later...

If I wanted to cancel or change a cruise in 2023 which was booked using a FCC (future Cruise credit,), I would first choose a new Cruise in 2024 and then ask my travel agent to transfer my FCC from the 2023 cruise to the 2024 one.