Using FCC from a price drop

jed1207229

I have a $1000 FCC from a cruise I took in May, as well as a $250 cruise next certificate. I was looking to book an inside room on a Panama Canal cruise in Dec, the base fare is 1050 and taxes/fees/gratuities come out to about 750. NCL said the balance was $1000+, and that the FCC is only good for the base fare, and there is a limit to how low they will allow the fare to be discounted. Basically, out of the 1000, I can only use 500 or so, unless I upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with this happening before?

I know that you may not be able to combine benefits from cancelled cruises with fcc so for example if you had a 10% discount for a cancellation you can't use FCC from a price reduction.

Are you booking solo or is the $1000 for 2 - and they're only applying FCC to 1 reservation?

That's all I got!

I would be travelling solo, they just won't allow the fare to be discounted past a certain point. I was told if I upgraded, I would be able to use more of the credit, but it would still be more expensive. An obstructed ocean view would allow more of a credit, but would be another 100 or so, and the same thing with a guaranteed balcony.

9 hours ago, jed1207229 said:

I have a $1000 FCC from a cruise I took in May, as well as a $250 cruise next certificate. I was looking to book an inside room on a Panama Canal cruise in Dec, the base fare is 1050 and taxes/fees/gratuities come out to about 750. NCL said the balance was $1000+, and that the FCC is only good for the base fare, and there is a limit to how low they will allow the fare to be discounted. Basically, out of the 1000, I can only use 500 or so, unless I upgrade. Has anyone had any experience with this happening before?

What about using just the FCC and not the Cruise Next?   I got an FCC from a price drop (just about $100, so not as much as yours) and was told I had to use it within a year from the end date of the cruise (in this case, October 1).  The Cruise Next can be used within four years.  So, if they let you, maybe delay using the Cruise Next and use the FCC so you can use it up before it expires.  

7 hours ago, jed1207229 said:

I would be travelling solo, they just won't allow the fare to be discounted past a certain point. I was told if I upgraded, I would be able to use more of the credit, but it would still be more expensive. An obstructed ocean view would allow more of a credit, but would be another 100 or so, and the same thing with a guaranteed balcony.

I just used my FCC from a price reduction to pay for an upcoming cruise, FCC covered about 40% of the fare - which already has almost every imaginable discount already applied. So it would appear that it's the fare/fcc ratio?