Christmas events on a Regent cruise

traveljkkk

We will be on a cruise this year that includes Christmas Day. Can anyone with prior experience on that holiday tell us what the meal arrangements at Christmas are - special hours, unique events, certain dining venues better than others, etc. The ship will be the Explorer if that matters. Thanks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, traveljkkk said:

We will be on a cruise this year that includes Christmas Day... The ship will be the Explorer if that matters

Glad you asked - we’ll be on the same cruise (our first on Regent - but we have been on Crystal on Christmas Day and they certainly celebrated it)

I see they’re running limited shore excursions on Christmas Day while we’re at Airlie Beach but I’m interested on what’s on offer on board in terms of dining, shows and any other festivities (I’m a little old to be worrying about whether Santa makes an appearance)

• Haha 2

We will be on the Explorer for Christmas this year as well.  We have sailed on Regent over the holidays for many years.  The ship will be decorated beautifully with many trees decorated with different themes, gingerbread houses and last year there was a very creative competition between the various departments on the ship for best decoration.  They did an incredible job.  We also usually have a door decorating contest amongst the guests. 

As I recall, there has been more activity on Christmas Eve than on Christmas Day itself. Typically beautiful Carol singing at cocktail hour and a lovely dinner - well that happens every night.  They do a lovely job.  We would typically do a traditional dinner in Compass Rose both Christmas Eve and Christmas Day.  

Then like magic, the trees will all be changed shortly thereafter to a New Year’s theme.  The party on New Year’s is fantastic.  I am hoping it will be out on the deck as it was last year.  A definite forever memory. 

Bottom line is, it will all be just lovely. 

• Like 2

I was on Regent (Voyager) Christmas and New Years 2004 -2005 so this was a long time ago.  You could order a Christmas turkey or goose for Christmas Eve or Christmas day to have at your table where you do the carving.  I think I saw one large extended family do that. 

It was the only time I saw a "youth group" of any kind on a Regent cruise.  About 30 kids from age 4-17. They integrated them into some adult activities.  Like one day they had a miniature golf contest starting on the pool deck and ending at Compass Rose. The kids were part of the course some dressing in costumes and acting like obstacles (think windmills and sharks).

Either Christmas Eve or Christmas night they did a very different entertainment show.  The crew from various countries described Christmas at home with songs, stories, even a procession of girls (representing Sweden, I think) wearing crowns of lit candles.  This included all rank and file employees so not just the professional entertainers. This was one of my best vacations ever.

• Like 1

On 10/12/2022 at 6:34 PM, Clay&Jenn said:

Does anyone know approximately what date are the ships decorated for Christmas?

From another post, so second hand, they said it was after thanksgiving so beginning of December should be a safe bet.

On 10/14/2022 at 9:57 AM, Lonedaddy said:

From another post, so second hand, they said it was after thanksgiving so beginning of December should be a safe bet.

On the 2 cruses we did that ran November/December, i think your timing is right.  For both cruises we were off the ship before Christmas day so no experiences with what happened that day.