Carribean Princess

shipaddict

We went on the CB from 2/11 to 2/18. We had room E223 which is perfect if you do not mind walking a bit. It is an obstructed oceanview room that is peaceful and quiet because there are no rooms across the hall. We asked for all new linens including the bedspread. So the houseman June took off the old one and put it under the bed and who knows what kind of bedspread we had but it was not new.

Other then this one complaint and a couple of rude employees, one at the Passenger Service Desk and one in the gift shop everything else is great.

We had dinner in the Palm dining room table 134 which is for 2 in a quiet romantic area. Our server was Adam, He and his assistant are 5 star all the way.

Sabatini's resturant is worth the 20.00 per person fee but reserve it as soon as you board. There may be a line to reserve it but I think you may be able to after 430 by phone. But by then there may no be any reservations left for this wonderful 10 course meal.

If you hate crowds board the ship around 1:30 to depart from Ft. Lauderdale. No crowds and you get your luggage very fast.

Always tip the man you give your luggage to and it will not get damaged or lost as often.

We went on the CB from 2/11 to 2/18. We had room E223 which is perfect if you do not mind walking a bit. It is an obstructed oceanview room that is peaceful and quiet because there are no rooms across the hall. We asked for all new linens including the bedspread. So the houseman June took off the old one and put it under the bed and who knows what kind of bedspread we had but it was not new.

Other then this one complaint and a couple of rude employees, one at the Passenger Service Desk and one in the gift shop everything else is great.

We had dinner in the Palm dining room table 134 which is for 2 in a quiet romantic area. Our server was Adam, He and his assistant are 5 star all the way.

Sabatini's resturant is worth the 20.00 per person fee but reserve it as soon as you board. There may be a line to reserve it but I think you may be able to after 430 by phone. But by then there may no be any reservations left for this wonderful 10 course meal.

If you hate crowds board the ship around 1:30 to depart from Ft. Lauderdale. No crowds and you get your luggage very fast.

Always tip the man you give your luggage to and it will not get damaged or lost as often.

You will love it. We had our dinner reserved for 6pm for the entire cruise in the Palm Dining Room that way we always got the window table for 2. This dining time is perfect if you want to go to the theater show directly after dining. This is the best way to be able to see the show sitting up front in the excellent seats by the stage. We got to the show about 30 minutes early and time went fast. The english couple who do the Tina Turner act are excellent and funny.

The Aft pool is for adults and usually not crowed at all. If you are there and go up the stairs to the top deck there is a whirlpool very few passengers know about and can be romantic as well as private.

Ok, I've seen the "Palm Dining Room" in several post, but can't seem to find it on the deck plans. We are trying personnel dining and all your comments sound great. We will be on the CB in Jan 07.

Alan

I know when we went through our travel agent we were put in the main dining room at a big table by mistake. So when we talked to the diningroom manager he sent us done I think to the 5th floor to Palm and seated us at 134 at the window in an almost private feeling dining area. It is an awesome table for two. What a view of the water going by as you dine.

I think it is on the 5th floor aft. We were in E223 Emerald deck in the mid-front and walked almost to the back of the ship to the last elevator and got on the one at the far left. It is the only one there that takes you to the 5th floor. But when the door opens the dining room is there. If you reserve that table or any table you can walk right in to your table. Otherwise you will be seated by someone.

That hot tub sounds great. Can't wait to do that. We missed the traditional dining by about 275 people ahead of us so we are doing the anytime dining which is good because I do want to try everything. The seafood buffet, how was that? I plan on doing as much as we can as we really did not do that much on the Hal cruise. It was our first and we just had to see everything so I think I just went to one show. Everyone is so great with info. Thanks again for your great tips.

I do the ramance thing also. Hopefully we can find a table for two tucked away somewhere as my DH works most of the time and the only time we really spend much time is when I drag him away to something like this.

Thanks again,

Cathy p:p

The seafood buffet was awesome. Enjoy! The crab legs were huge and tasted very fresh and sweet. We could not believe how delicious the seafood was. Such a variety. Boy, now I'm wishing we were doing that cruise again just for that buffet!

I think it is worth a try to go directly to the Palm Dining Room or call after 430Pm and try to reserve a table by the window for the number of people you want. But like I said before if you want something get reservations the day you get on the ship and as soon as they start taking them...get in line.

Even though there are over 3150 passengers if you get to everything you want to do early you will avoid crowds and lines.

All of the seafood is excellent and the buffet is nice if you do not want to dress up on formal nights. My favorite on this cruise was the lobster...perfect in the dining room and Sabatinis. The buffets seafood is really good if you get it early. If it sits too long it is a tab bit soggy.

Shipaddict, you are great. You are just supplying me with all kinds of good info. I just love it. I am writing down all this stuff in my book so I will remember. Are you ready for the ole work grind?

Have a super day,

Cathy p

I was on the CP 2/18-2/25 and loved everything (ironically the room next door to shipaddicts). Unfortunatly, or maybe fortunatly I sprained my ankle the first night of the cruise but the staff was great about it. The fortunate part of it was seeing the doctor the next morning. Probably one of the most beautiful men on the face of the earth.

Thanks Cathy you have a super day too. Here is a suggestion that is a savings and fun....on any Princess ship....If you are not a Princess Circle member join as soon as you can. If you are a member as soon as you can after you board the ship call for the Circle Host and make a reservation for the Wine Tasting. It is free to members but these spaces are limited and go fast. Non-members have to pay a fee per person to go. But it is fun and you get to try new wines either way.

Archived