Explorer, can I sit on chops if you are on a suite on Day 1- lunch

mcatmcat

Hi 

I was wondering if those in a suite are able on boarding day ( lunch) to take the food form the windjammer and eat it at chops. I remember I did something like that in another ship that I had access to the Italian  restaurant onboard. I just want to confirm for my upcoming cruise

Thanks 

• Haha 1

I don't believe you will be able to do that on Explorer.  Years ago on Voyager and Freedom class ships, the entrance to Chops was inside the Windjammer, basically right where you entered the buffet line and you could do this.  They even had a sign there welcoming suite guests and we did than many times. 

Since COVID, they have redesigned the Windjammer entrance so you go through the washy-washy stations.  The entrance to Chops is now in the hall, outside the Windjammer.  There is usually a door that does enter chops from within the Windjammer, but it's mostly used by servers to access the bar.  In addition to that issue, Chops is usually the one specialty restaurant open for lunch (serving it's own menu at lunch prices) on embarkation day.  Having said that, on Voyager last week, Giovanni's was the embarkation day specialty lunch.  Chops was being used for overflow seating for the Windjammer (for anyone - not just suites).