PV1 on Jupiter

MoBro713

I booked a PV1 for my first Viking cruise on the Jupiter British Isles Explorer in Aug of 2023.  This seems to be one of the last categories still available.  Is there something bad about PVI?  Location, noise etc...  PV2 and PV3 seem to have gone quickly. 

Thanks

In actual fact, PV1 is a higher category of stateroom to the PV2 and PV3.  I would say that the others sold out sooner because they are cheaper?

I was upgraded to a PV1 once and the stateroom is great.

The only thing that I think for you comes into this is the location of the stateroom on the ship.  Personally I will only book mid-ship staterooms for reduction of motion on rough seas.  You have to be happy with the deck and the location of the stateroom.

There is nothing wrong with a PV1

• Like 2

1 hour ago, CDNPolar said:

In actual fact, PV1 is a higher category of stateroom to the PV2 and PV3.  I would say that the others sold out sooner because they are cheaper?

I was upgraded to a PV1 once and the stateroom is great.

The only thing that I think for you comes into this is the location of the stateroom on the ship.  Personally I will only book mid-ship staterooms for reduction of motion on rough seas.  You have to be happy with the deck and the location of the stateroom.

There is nothing wrong with a PV1

We stayed in a PV1 on deck 6 on Jupiter this past May. I would just caution you not to get one under the wings of the World Cafe. There was no noise at all, but you can’t get good photos from your balcony. 

2 hours ago, CDNPolar said:

The only thing that I think for you comes into this is the location of the stateroom on the ship

Yes, this is the reason—location, location, location. The stateroom is exactly the same. We’ve stayed in all levels of PV and had no problems. Some folk prefer to find a lower place on the ship or make sure to be at midship for motion issues—but as mentioned we’ve never had a problem. YMMV.

PV1 was the last available room when we booked our British Isles cruise on Mars. We wanted a PV room anyway so it wasn’t a big deal, but we would have preferred a level 2 or 3 simply to save money. Level 1 rooms are the most expensive.