Breakaway Sailing 10/23 Shore Excursions

MCARAB1

Has anyone taken any of the excursions offered by NCL for the New England/Canada sailings? We’ve booked excursions for each port as have never been to the NE coast of USA or Canada. Thinking about canceling the lengthy bus excursions for St John/Bay of Fundy Top Ten and the Iconic Towns of Nova Scotia as looking like rainy weather those days. ANY reviews/suggestions will be appreciated appreciated as can cancel for full refund on credit card if we decide soon enough.

We'll be on the same sailing and also watching the weather!

Right now we're booked for the Maple Sugar Shack Tasting in St. John. I figure that will be fun in rain or shine and it's early so we'll have the rest of the day to wander the town.

In Halifax we've got Peggy's Cove and Hop-On/Hop-Off - The rain might cost us some views but with the Hop-On/Hop-Off we can just hang out in a pub if it's rainy. 

• Thanks 1

I'm on the same cruise.  Saw the forecasts.  Did we pick a time when it rains 58% every day?  We're doing the Sugar Shack and in Halifax the Highland Experience.  The Acadia National Park tour seems mostly on a bus.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, JamieLogical said:

In Bar Harbor, I recommend any tour that takes you to the top of Cadillac Mountain. It's an amazing view from up there.

I agree with this!  We did a bus tour a few years ago and it was a highlight of our trip with the fall colors 🙂

• Thanks 1

On our Oct9 cruise, in St John, we took a non NCL excursion, Bay of Fundy Coast to shore.  FABULOUS, if a bit too long.  Took us to St Marten to see the fishing boats stranded on the sea floor.  Took us to reversing falls early at low tide, and again later at high tide to see the change.  Lots of other nice stops.  Great excursion

• Thanks 1

Way back in 2009 when I was young, beautiful, and had hair (ok one of those things is true), my friends and I took our own excursion to the Bay of Fundy National Park from the ship. We rented a car. The rental place was no more than a 15 minute walk from the ship. The drive was about an hour on twisty, beautiful woodsy roads. We got to the Bay of Fundy and enjoyed watching the changing of the tides, though the timing wasn't perfect, so we didn't see the dramatic change we were hoping for.

It was rainy and foggy, but still absolutely amazing to see. If you're ok with taking your own excursion, it'll cost you the rental car, gas, and entry to the park. Don't get pulled over by a mountie, like we did. They could smell we were Americans so just gave us a hard time - no ticket! 

image.jpeg.923dbb381c8bc883c865093132ab70f9.jpeg

image.jpeg.f878b0e405ab871b30b87bcf8d60a3e7.jpeg

• Thanks 1