Getaway 10/22 slight itinerary change

rbxlady

Not sure why, but I’m not complaining. Just a heads-up to anyone going to Puerto Plata. The cruise that disembarked today skipped the Dominican Republic entirely (they went to Nassau instead), so I’m happy they made alternative arrangements for our cruise, since I’ve never been there but have been to Nassau.

5104CDE3-0438-454D-93D5-5CE0D3CFE1CA.jpeg

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, rbxlady said:

Not sure why, but I’m not complaining. Just a heads-up to anyone going to Puerto Plata. The cruise that disembarked today skipped the Dominican Republic entirely (they went to Nassau instead), so I’m happy they made alternative arrangements for our cruise, since I’ve never been there but have been to Nassau.

5104CDE3-0438-454D-93D5-5CE0D3CFE1CA.jpeg

Thank you for posting. It seems that the larger ships have all been docking at Amber Cove rather than Taino Bay since the Escape hit a channel bed leaving there in the spring.

I'm curious (if you are inclined to find out) if the shore excursion desk onboard have updated their offerings to include Amber Cove specific rentals (pool, hillside cabana, float rentals, zipline at the port pool area)?

The other NCL excursions that were offered when it was to docked at Taino Bay should still be the same since the docks are not too too far from one another.  

Have a great cruise.

• Like 1

I'm glad you're able to still stop in DR.  I just got off the ship this morning and I was very disappointed to find out we were going to Nassau, as we're plenty of others.  We also skipped GSC, so we started the cruise with two sea days 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, cruiseinfoseeker said:

Thank you for posting. It seems that the larger ships have all been docking at Amber Cove rather than Taino Bay since the Escape hit a channel bed leaving there in the spring.

I'm curious (if you are inclined to find out) if the shore excursion desk onboard have updated their offerings to include Amber Cove specific rentals (pool, hillside cabana, float rentals, zipline at the port pool area)?

The other NCL excursions that were offered when it was to docked at Taino Bay should still be the same since the docks are not too too far from one another.  

Have a great cruise.

Our excursion doesn’t change, but I haven’t asked about any others. I’ll see what I can find out.

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, dbrown84 said:

I'm glad you're able to still stop in DR.  I just got off the ship this morning and I was very disappointed to find out we were going to Nassau, as we're plenty of others.  We also skipped GSC, so we started the cruise with two sea days 

Yeah, I’m sorry that happened to your cruise. I’m honestly not the biggest fan of Nassau. It wouldn’t be the worst thing if we skipped GSC, but I would still like to go.