Vodka/Rum

Cokays

A friend of mine told me when he and his wife cruise they fill their water bottles with rum or vodka when they are at a port and have had no problems getting it on the ship. Says you just have to buy the mix i.e coke, juice or orange juice. Anyone out there with any experience? Just 4 weeks to go all. Yippee!

Welcome to the boards. Since you are a newbie, I would like to tell you about the search function that is at the top of your page in the blue line. If you click on that and type in the key words (anything of the sort) "smuggling liquor" you will find hundreds of threads to read about what people do!! I used those search words and came up with 133 pages of threads! Eek!!

I just don't understand the lengths that people go thru to "smuggle" liquor onboard. I wouldn't risk altering the taste of my alcohol (some people will put dark liquor in Listerine bottles and such. <Blech> - just leave it in the original bottle. If the "liquor police" - using term very loosely - take it, no biggie. Just don't take on board what you aren't willing to lose. They give it back to you at the end of the cruise anyway.

Just pack it in your suitcase, wrapped in case of leakage...and as I said to a cc member the other day...I don't care if your liquor breaks in your bag and soaks your clothes, but if it leaks thru to my suitcase, I will hunt you down to do my laundry! I am on vacation and that is what I am trying to avoid. When you return with my laundry, I will require that you buy me a couple of drinks too! ;)

Have a good cruise!

Welcome to the boards. Since you are a newbie, I would like to tell you about the search function that is at the top of your page in the blue line. If you click on that and type in the key words (anything of the sort) "smuggling liquor" you will find hundreds of threads to read about what people do!! I used those search words and came up with 133 pages of threads! Eek!!

I just don't understand the lengths that people go thru to "smuggle" liquor onboard. I wouldn't risk altering the taste of my alcohol (some people will put dark liquor in Listerine bottles and such. <Blech> - just leave it in the original bottle. If the "liquor police" - using term very loosely - take it, no biggie. Just don't take on board what you aren't willing to lose. They give it back to you at the end of the cruise anyway.

Just pack it in your suitcase, wrapped in case of leakage...and as I said to a cc member the other day...I don't care if your liquor breaks in your bag and soaks your clothes, but if it leaks thru to my suitcase, I will hunt you down to do my laundry! I am on vacation and that is what I am trying to avoid. When you return with my laundry, I will require that you buy me a couple of drinks too! ;)

Have a good cruise!

Well said. Thanks!

I don't bother with hiding it either. I just pack it in the original bottle. However, when we go to the beach (free beaches like Playa del Carmen has), we pour some into water bottles. Then we buy fresh fruit juices from the local bars to mix our drinks on the beach!

.........Says you just have to buy the mix i.e coke, juice or orange juice.

You do have to pay for all Cokes on board; however, oj and other juice is available at no charge through room service 24 hrs. a day.

I will be bringing some soda's to also keep in my room. Makes for good mixers for me and the kids can have a soda in the cabin from time to time. Carnival does allow you to take a reasonable amount of soda on the ship.

Spring, yes of course you can bring your own - but just remind your kiddies not to drink the ones that are in your cabin when you arrive.;) A tablemate told me once that, even though they had brought their own, the kids also drank all the ones on the dressing table - thought they were 'free'!!

I think the poster may be referring to buying liquor at a port of call. In that case, you will have to disguise it or they may take it from you and return it to you on the last night of the cruise. Some people have gotten away with bringing it on in the original bottle in a beach bag or something, but I've seen a lot who get stopped and have to check their booze with the "Carnival booze storage team"

I've transferred a bottle of vodka into two water bottles and took it in my carry on... Funny story... Wife forgot it was vodka and took a big swig in the cabin a day or 2 later thinking it was water..... Boy, was she surprised.

I've transferred a bottle of vodka into two water bottles and took it in my carry on... Funny story... Wife forgot it was vodka and took a big swig in the cabin a day or 2 later thinking it was water..... Boy, was she surprised.

Hahaha oops. Not quite as thirst quenching, but just as satisfying in the long run.

Archived