Rotterdam from Amsterdam

Hobby3333

What might the passenger mix might be?  Mostly Europeans?   We have sailed MSC a few times and have really enjoyed the diversity of the passengers.   Just courteous how many Americans might be on the ship.

Edited by Hobby3333

• Hobby3333 changed the title to Rotterdam from Amsterdam
6 hours ago, Balliett said:

In August, when the Rotterdam switched from Amsterdam to Rotterdam, due to low water in the canal, the pax were about 60% American and 40% Dutch.  Announcements were  in both languages.  

We were on the Rotterdam 24 July to mid August and I would estimate it 60% Dutch and the rest a mix of Brits, Aussies, Americans, etc. It was a round trip from Rotterdam so there was no surprise about the large number of Dutch. Other than accents the only thing we noticed was that, like The Boss and me, the Dutch seemed to love eating in the MDR - it was busier in there, and way less so in the Lido, than we are used to which meant waiting to get a seat in MDR on many nights. No dramas whatsoever, just how it was.

1 hour ago, Nang said:

We were on the Rotterdam 24 July to mid August and I would estimate it 60% Dutch and the rest a mix of Brits, Aussies, Americans, etc. It was a round trip from Rotterdam so there was no surprise about the large number of Dutch. Other than accents the only thing we noticed was that, like The Boss and me, the Dutch seemed to love eating in the MDR - it was busier in there, and way less so in the Lido, than we are used to which meant waiting to get a seat in MDR on many nights. No dramas whatsoever, just how it was.

Similar for our cruise.

We were late Sept on a round trip Rotterdam and had similar mix - I would say a slight majority (55-65%) Dutch (based on accents and Dutch info sheets in mailboxes). The  remainder was a mix of English speaking passengers - American, Canadian (seem to be chunk of us), non-Dutch Europeans, Australians etc.