Embarkation day in Long Beach

monty3

Wondering what embarkation day will be like since the covid rules have been lifted. I have read other reviews saying it took 2 hours to board the ship because of all the covid paperwork that had to be looked at. With appointments necessary to board the Carnival Panorama, does the boarding process go fairly quickly? 

I can't speak to Carnival specifically, but boarding Carnival Corp's Princess in San Pedro took 15 minutes, no Covid paperwork, other than what we uploaded in advance.

It sounds like Carnival's "Online Arrival Appointments" etc takes care of all the issues.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/related/1

10 minutes ago, scottca075 said:

I can't speak to Carnival specifically, but boarding Carnival Corp's Princess in San Pedro took 15 minutes, no Covid paperwork, other than what we uploaded in advance.

It sounds like Carnival's "Online Arrival Appointments" etc takes care of all the issues.

https://help.carnival.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/3180/related/1

Whenever we have gone on a Princess cruise out of San Pedro (pre Covid) embarkation was so quick and easy.  I remember in 2014 on Carnival Miracle out of Long Beach it seemed to take forever, so I'm hoping things have gotten better. I'm mostly worried about the older ones in our group with mobility issues having a long wait.

I went on that ship in August.  Embarkation was pretty easy and did not take long.  There was also plenty of seating in waiting area as well, if needed. Someone in our party required wheelchair assistance, and it was readily available.  We had an early boarding time. 

• Like 1

On 10/30/2022 at 12:37 AM, ruready said:

I went on that ship in August.  Embarkation was pretty easy and did not take long.  There was also plenty of seating in waiting area as well, if needed. Someone in our party required wheelchair assistance, and it was readily available.  We had an early boarding time. 

We'll be cruising out of there on Princess in December.  Did you have to arrange for a wheelchair assist in advance?  My husband has some moblility issues and needs help up the long gangway onto the ship and also can't stand for longer than a minute in a line.  Thanks

10 hours ago, marden1970 said:

We'll be cruising out of there on Princess in December.  Did you have to arrange for a wheelchair assist in advance?  My husband has some moblility issues and needs help up the long gangway onto the ship and also can't stand for longer than a minute in a line.  Thanks

If you are on Princess, you are in San Pedro, not Long Beach.

No you don't need to make arrangements in advance, but it will be two different wheel chair porters needed. One will take you from the curb to check-in, then Princess sends someone from the ship to take you on board.We tipped both porters $10, as well as the luggage porter who took the majority of our luggage.

• Thanks 1