Live Review NCL GEM 11/6-11/13 Lots of Pictures Plenty of Random Thoughts Pre Cruise Adventure in Venice

BennyBrun

We did Western Med from Barcelona on the Epic in 2016 and spent 3 days in Venice after. Stayed at Dimora Marciana right off St. Marks square, beautiful boutique hotel. Venice is a gorgeous place, food is amazing. Following your review, story as we are doing Panama Canal on the Gem in February. Love the Gem, smaller ships are so much nicer than the mega ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, zmmrzm said:

We did Western Med from Barcelona on the Epic in 2016 and spent 3 days in Venice after. Stayed at Dimora Marciana right off St. Marks square, beautiful boutique hotel. Venice is a gorgeous place, food is amazing. Following your review, story as we are doing Panama Canal on the Gem in February. Love the Gem, smaller ships are so much nicer than the mega ships.

The GEM is a gem.  I have been on a lot of NCL ships and GEM is amazing!  Food, ship condition and service.  Superb for the value!

• Like 3

46 minutes ago, BennyBrun said:

The GEM is a gem.  I have been on a lot of NCL ships and GEM is amazing!  Food, ship condition and service.  Superb for the value!

We love the Gem, absolutely one of our favorite ships. Glad you are enjoying her! 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

We love the Gem, absolutely one of our favorite ships. Glad you are enjoying her! 

2 hours ago, Turtles06 said:

So much to love!  I can see why!

3 minutes ago, LATTELOVE said:

Good evening,

Not sure if you answered this question 

already or not, my apologies if you did.

What's the passenger count for this cruise??

Does not look too crowded at all.

Thank you.

A little less than 1500 … lots of room to move around!  1000 are bronze members!!!

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, cruiseny4life said:

Those wings, while baked, look wonderful! Did you order them extra crispy or is that just how they came? YUM! 

They have been coming in baked except on the Dawn.  My least favorite NCL ship!  They just come that way.  Very interesting flavor.  Good on the GEM is exceptional!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Dubrovnik Day 2

I forgot I had the $50.00 excursion credit so instead of touring via the bus I went with the Dubrovnik on your own thing.. which included the shuttle a pancake and round trip cable car ride for about $12.00 I just could not pass up on that price.  I do appreciate the information because if I did not have the excursion credit plus the discount I would have taken the bus on my own because it would be cheaper that way!

26D35E45-FD8F-49FE-B1D3-47724C88DC74.jpeg

40267127-661B-47F6-9C2B-9D9862173EFE.jpeg

EB97CFA7-2D28-4BCE-B7CB-81D19F685A5C.jpeg

8FE2ECFB-06FB-4802-B256-3E1A9735368F.jpeg

• Like 4