MSC - Non-YC / Unlimited Dining (worthwhile?)

tripstah

Hey everyone,

Long-time lurker, new poster. I've booked my first MSC cruise for our family -- Meraviglia, Feb 2023, 7 nights. It's myself, my wife, and a 7 and 5 year old. I've booked dining plans on RC cruises for us before and we really enjoyed them. I know MSC has some locked in menus you can select from vs. pick anything from the menu like RC does, which I can live with. I reviewed the menus and the selections looked decent and, overall, the reviews seemed to indicate the quality was better than the MDRs.

Anyway, I was hoping some previous MSC voyagers could chime in on whether or not the unlimited package is worthwhile. I've currently booked the unlimited dining for everyone but I'm wavering. It includes a lunch and dinner per day but I can't decide how much use we'll make of it beyond just the 5-meal package. After reading through some of the menus, it looks like Gala night might have better options than the specialty restaurants selections. One thing I can't find any information on is: Are any of the specialty restaurants even open during lunch when you're in port?

Thank you in advance for any insights/information.

Best regards,

Trip

• 2 weeks later...

I don't have answers as I'm new to MSC.  I was curious where you were able to locate menus?  I booked the Seashore tonight for a TA next year and expected to be offered dining package choices as add-ons in the booking process.  That didn't happen when I go to the plan my cruise section and select dining, nothing is offered.  I'd be a bit disappointed if I couldn't get some kind of pre-cruise package.