Disembarkation Time in Marseille

Bentleythekitty08

Hello, this is my first time sailing on MSC and we are disembarking in Marseille on Dec 24. I am booking a train ticket from Marseille St. Charles station and wanted to see if it's possible to catch a 10:00 am train after disembarking? Ship arrival time on our itinerary is 9:00 am and we will self-disembark / carry off our luggage. 

The next train isn't until 12 and I don't really want to sit around the train station with all of our luggage after getting off the ship waiting for the 12:00 pm train.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrea

29 minutes ago, Bentleythekitty08 said:

Hello, this is my first time sailing on MSC and we are disembarking in Marseille on Dec 24. I am booking a train ticket from Marseille St. Charles station and wanted to see if it's possible to catch a 10:00 am train after disembarking? Ship arrival time on our itinerary is 9:00 am and we will self-disembark / carry off our luggage. 

The next train isn't until 12 and I don't really want to sit around the train station with all of our luggage after getting off the ship waiting for the 12:00 pm train.

Any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Andrea

The cruise pier for MSC ships in Marseille is the MPCT marked below. It is around 5 km to the city. There is no big terminal. When you leave the ship, there are taxis waiting just in front of you. 50m walk in front of the ship. Catch a taxi and drive to the Train station St. Charles. Takes 20min maximum 25 min.

With the free shuttle and by walk if you have only light lugguage 😉 you can catch the 12:00 train and even see a little bit of the sights in marseille. But 10:00 is not possible with the free shuttle. 

Unbenannt.thumb.JPG.b800fac642f147da7ed668fd2cdb89b1.JPG 

Edited by Aeroplex

Officially MSC is not offering self-disembarkation on cruises in the Med. It will work most of the times (just go to the exit), but officially you have to stick to your designated number/checkout-time.

If this works out and the ship is on time (no guarantee for that, especially in Marseille), you could get the 10:00 train. I would say 20-40%. Only do it if you can rebook the train for free or a small fee.

I would enjoy a last breakfast, leave the ship at around 10:45 and take the 12:00 train. Way more relaxing!

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, kofferradio said:

Officially MSC is not offering self-disembarkation on cruises in the Med. It will work most of the times (just go to the exit), but officially you have to stick to your designated number/checkout-time.

If this works out and the ship is on time (no guarantee for that, especially in Marseille), you could get the 10:00 train. I would say 20-40%. Only do it if you can rebook the train for free or a small fee.

I would enjoy a last breakfast, leave the ship at around 10:45 and take the 12:00 train. Way more relaxing!

So we can stay on the ship until 1045? If that’s the case - it’s not bad.

48 minutes ago, Bentleythekitty08 said:

So we can stay on the ship until 1045? If that’s the case - it’s not bad.

We disembarked in Marseill 2 weeks ago with the MSC Fantasia. It was no problem to disembark with your luggage individually. 

You must leave your cabin at a certain time like 8am, but you can deposit the lugguage near the reception. Then you can stay without any problem even until the lunch buffet.  

Edited by Aeroplex