best (cheapest) week, ship to book out of Florida...

Look at cruises in the fall.... from Sept to the middle of December. We have Mariner booked in October and there was just a price drop. We're paying $757 p/p for a balcony. :)

You may want to take a look at Enchantment... I'm seeing prices for as low as $379 p/p for an interior cabin in the fall.

Good luck! :) Let us know if you book something.

The fall, just before Christmas, anytime school is IN session...that's when I see the bargains. However, I have been very fortunate finding bargains during peak times. As long as you are flexible, keep your eyes peeled for the deals! Try ***** (am I allowed to say that?)....plug in some ideas and see what kind of quotes you get. I just did & got 2 side-by-side balconies during spring break on the Radiance for $699 a person; double only 2 weeks in advance of departure. THAT's a bargain.

Thinking about doing a different time of year cruise too. Usually we do Jan. Instead of looking into late Feb I see nice prices also for Oct and Nov. Can someone tell me if the beaches we would go to, eastern or western have warm water then. How are the temps in comparsion to Jan or Feb? Thanks.

I usually find the best price the 2nd, 3rd and last week of September. Actually the 2nd and 3red are alwasy the cheapest. Yes I know Hurrican Season. Only one problem cruise out of 5. Still had a great time. its up to you!

Try January after the Holiday sailings. We went on January 8 on the Radiance, I had been booked on the Grandeur out of New Orleans for the same week at an absolute steal, but that didn't work out. We are booked on the Jewel for Jan 13, 2007. People are still recovering financially and physically from the holidays so it's a good time to go. Each week the prices go higher. We had great weather too.

We always do Jan but lately the caribbean waters have been cool...or I am getting older so it feels it. And sea days are breezy and waters are choppy. We have missing Grand Cayman 3 years in a row on 3 different cruises dues to bad conditions to tender...so I was thinking of cruising at another time and lots of cc people have said fall is the low season due to hurricanes but the ships stay clear of them. Any more info on this would be grand.

Going to *****.com is a great last min booking tool, but we need 2 cabins next to or across the hall so kids (now 9 and 11) are near to us.

If we were to do vac.. we would probably get a great last minute deal but would have to go in one cabin.

Any thoughts on this?

Inshape: we just booked through an agency using cruise compete and were able to get 2 balcony cabins side-by-side 2 weeks prior to spring break sailing....you never know what you can find....maybe they were a group cancellation? who knows but it is a great price!

If you want to cruise a different time than hurricane season, I've found that a lot of times it is much cheaper to do cruises out of Galveston, TX. On my last cruise, we got a longer cruise and a better cabin for about the same amount of money it would've cost from any Florida port. Was recently looking for April cruises (my friends and I are totally the last minute travel planning types) and was still finding the same thing. You're profile doesn't say where you are from, so I'm gonna assume Florida. In that case you'd have to do airfare to TX, which may make it a moot point. However, if you're from outside FL and have to fly anyway, airfares are also cheaper (at least from NY) to TX than FL to the tune of $100-200.

Hurricane season is June 1-Nov 30 except last year a hurricane was affecting southern caribbean weather in mid-December! Season peaks in Aug-Sept and this year there are some great deals because people are concerned about the weather. Just don't be set on a given itinerary and be flexible--cruise could be longer or shorter!

When exactly is hurricane season??? What are some of your negative experiences during this time? Is the Caribbean cooler that time of year??

No the Caribbean is not cooler, actually it is the hotter weather and warm seas why so many hurricanes occur in August, September and October.I cruised in September 2004, right after hurricane Ivan and had perfect weather all cruise, hot and sunny.

Archived