A ROYAL November: LIVE from Mariner/Liberty/Indy/Mariner OTS

I think I'm finally past my hot dog craving so I nervously went into the Windjammer in search of a decent meal instead of the doghouse.

I had forgotten that Mariner had a decent buffet compared to liberty and indy (and freedom in October since she is feeling so left out 😆)

20221124_125013-X2.jpg

That's a shrimp po boy station which you can't read through the glare. It was pretty good just light on the shrimp. Next time I'll add a fish to it from the fish and chips station that was also good.

20221124_125451-X2.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

It's very nice out on the shady side of the ship.

Because I haven't learned my lesson guessing the ships, I'm going to call this celebrity beyond and ncl prima.

20221124_140524-X2.jpg

It's 408 degrees on the sunny side of the ship.

Oasis, carnival Vista(maybe?) and horizon.

20221124_140810-X2.jpg

• Like 2

They have the sports ball game playing on the big screen but the sound is off. You've really got to be a fan to watch sports ball with no sound.

They did the same with the world mug game the other day. Seems odd to not play the sound.

Sound was on in playmakers.

Heading to the gym now.

• Like 1

It took 21 minutes to make it through that line. Completely unacceptable the way royal handles MTD.

The line for those without reservations was actually slower despite being shorter so having having reservation was definitely the way to go but defeats the purpose of MTD.

60 seconds or less is at 9 in star lounge. I was going to just camp out there with with drink so I could get a seat.

Teen karaoke is from 8-9. If I can't get in at the last minute I won't be going because there is a zero percent chance of me sitting through teen karaoke 😅.

Parked at the Schooner for now. Tunes begin at 830.

• Like 1

The sunset tonight was obscured by heavy clouds.

20221124_174659-X2.jpg

This is the railing the kids climbed over yesterday. The glass portion not the wooden portion.

20221124_152828-X2.jpg

This is what's below. Yeah they were probably not in danger of going overboard but still a major safety issue.

20221124_152836-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I stopped by the Windjammer to see what they had going on for Thanksgiving.

It was Mexican night so they had the normal Mexican night fare.

They also were carving turkey, ham, and beef wellington.

I saw most of the traditional fare also including stuffing, carrots, sweet potatoes, pecan pie, pumpkin pie and some other stuff I'm likely forgetting.

Cupcake display at the entrance.

20221124_182849-X2.jpg

Fruit art.

20221124_183005-X2.jpg

• Like 5

I didn't know know what to expect with dinner. It was a very nice looking menu. But they don't prepare it often and if they use cheap ingredients it doesn't matter how nice the menu is, it's gonna disappoint.

I was very happy with how it turned out. It certainly didn't compare to a home cooked Thanksgiving meal but everything was very tasty and I enjoyed my special dinner very much.

Started with a festive drink. Apple martini.

20221124_191112-X2.jpg

The more obvious choice was a vodka cranberry but I drink that all the time, wanted something a little different.

Almond crusted fried brie.

20221124_191636-X2.jpg

Seafood salad.

20221124_192113-X2.jpg

• Like 4

No sales that I could find. T-shirts were 2 for 30. Was hoping for today maybe they would drop back to 2 for 20 or even 25.

There was a table with giant variety bags of chocolate on sale 50% off but no price listed. I looked at it's spot on the shelf, also no price. That tells me they marked it up 200% first and couldn't even print new signing.

There was also no price listed on the white Hennessey. Last check on royal was $69 (which is the cheapest I've found recently) so it's probably over $70 by now in line with the islands and carnival.

Off to the dining room for lunch now.

I think my duck is alive. I left it on the top of my nightstand and this morning it was in the cubby below.

20221125_111450-X2.jpg

I guess i could have knocked it down in my sleep but that is a pretty perfect landing.

It could be the room steward being silly but I did not notice it last night after turndown.

Speaking g of the steward, he left me a turkey last night along with a handwritten Thanksgiving wish.

20221124_214432-X2.jpg

• Like 5

Adding up my points I think I was eligible for the lunch with an officer this cruise. I end with 344 not sure if that qualifies or means next cruise I qualify. I'll make sure I get an invite next week.

Today's lunch started with the mozzarella sticks.

20221125_114637-X2.jpg

Seafood sandwich.

20221125_115620-X2.jpg

After my success with the apple pie at chops I tried my luck again.

20221125_121103-X2.jpg

Nope, awful. So chops remains the only cruise ship apple pie that hasn't been terrible.

Overall a good lunch.

• Like 3

I've eliminated one possibility on the case of the moving duck.

I got back from lunch and he was back on top of the nightstand. 

He didn't fall back up so he is either alive or the steward is having some fun. I'll put him somewhere random before turn down tonight and see what happens.

I'm thinking on top of the TV.

Heading to the gym now.

• Like 1
  • Haha 7