cans of soda

tamil

I am thinking of bring a couple of cans of diet ginger ale in my luggage...I can't drink regular soda and am thinking I might need it to settle my stomach.

Question: since we are flying, is there a chance of the cans bursting in my luggage? I'm not much of a scientist...can you tell?

Thanks!

Oh geesh, I answered a question like this before...and being no scientist myself...I was QUICKLY :eek: told in no uncertain terms....that they would not explode in your checked luggage. I thought that they would cuz of lack of pressurization. Well, apparently the checked baggage area is pressurized now...blah blah blah about things being sealed at certain sea levels (my eyes started to glaze over....) and why they won't explode, blah blah blah....Egad!

I am with johnql on this too...with the way that luggage is thrown around...I wouldn't risk putting it in checked when flying. Just do like Cotton said and put them in your carryon. Another alternative, would you be able to stop at a store before going to the port and just buying it then? Then you don't even have to worry about it at all!

Have a good trip!!! :)

My husband returned from a trip to China and thought it would be nice to bring me a six pk cans of coke from the new Euro Disney and YES a few of the cans had been crushed from the luggage being tossed around so everything in the suitcase was soaking wet and stickey. We then left a few days later for our cruise and were planning on bring a 6 pk of soda on board, this time we waited until we arrived in the port city, bought the soda at the store and carried it in our carry on.

Since you are flying wait till you get to the airport at your destination city. Take a cab to the docks. Ask him to stop at a grocery store for 5 minutes, explain what you are going to do...If it's Florida you are departing from Publix is a good one. Go into Publix buy your soda and a disposiable cooler...when you get to the port check it in...now now mess no problem and the cab ride will only cost about 2 dollars extra for the wait.

There is no need to smuggle soda on board. I don't know about the pressure etc. but it does get cold up there. I also agree with the people who cautioned you against it because of the rough way the bags are handled. For weight & convenience, stopping off at the supermarket on your way to the ship is a much better idea. Bon Voyage.

Thanks all, you have given me cause to rethink my idea.

I may try a can in my carry-on, but space is at a premium.

Since we are flying in late Saturday, I don't see an opportunity to stop and pick up some...otherwise that would have been my first idea.

Am traveling with a group and had no input on travel itinerary, so that's that!

I won't be the guinea pig who "tries" the can in the checked bag...perhaps another time!!!:rolleyes:

Cheers!

Archived