Shore Excursions Not Showing?

DavidsNana

We have never sailed on Carnival before, Miracle 5/25 will be the 1st. When I sign in to the website and go to the shore excursions listing to check on purchasing, the only excursion showing for Cozumel is golf and for Costa Maya it says none found or listed. Has anyone who sails Carnival ever encountered this? I e-mailed customer service but no response and when the TA made the final payment she asked the res. agent and she did not know. This will be our 20th cruise (but none on Carnival) and we have never encountered this before. We book our excursions both independently and through the ship. It just depends.

Also, I know that the pools on the ship are saltwater but what about the jacuzzis? Are there freshwater showers at the pool area to rinse off after you come out of the pool.

Thank you for any information you can give me.

We're booked on the Miracle for a later date than you. I also just see the golf one for Cozumel. I think that just illustrates how the infrastructure of Cozumel isn't ready for lots of cruisers yet. We've been there lots of times and I don't even plan to get off the ship this time. The Miracle has four ports and three of them use tenders. What a hassle.

For me, the Costa Maya port just shows 'View Excursions' and it doesn't list prices. The other 3 ports show 'Buy excursions'.

The pools and jacuzzis are salt water. There are fresh water showers next to the pools, but they're just out in the open (no privacy).

I spoke with a Carnival Rep about the same issue the other day and she said that since they are changing the days the ship will visit Costa Maya and Cozumel, it will be a few weeks before the system is updated with all of the excursions for the correct days and times.

We're leaving a week from today on the Miracle (3/12). We haven't been able to book any Costa Maya excursions online. We've been on the phone with Carnival since Friday. We keep getting different answers. The latest one they gave me was the Costa Maya is a fairly new port and they're still working on the "bugs" in the system.

Also, a few months ago they offered a fishing trip in Cozumel. That's no longer available online, but they did say that it may be available, but we can't find out until we get on the ship.

They also said that more excursions in all ports will be available on the ship, but I'm concerned that it's going to be bedlam with everyone trying to book onboard.

Mongie

We're booked on the Miracle for a later date than you. I also just see the golf one for Cozumel. I think that just illustrates how the infrastructure of Cozumel isn't ready for lots of cruisers yet. We've been there lots of times and I don't even plan to get off the ship this time. The Miracle has four ports and three of them use tenders. What a hassle.

For me, the Costa Maya port just shows 'View Excursions' and it doesn't list prices. The other 3 ports show 'Buy excursions'.

The pools and jacuzzis are salt water. There are fresh water showers next to the pools, but they're just out in the open (no privacy).

The Jacuzzis are fresh water not Salt water. Well at least on Paradise it was fresh.

Here is the number to Carnival Shore Excursion Desk. Maybe they can help you more.

1-800-845-2599

The pools and jacuzzis are salt water.

D4, check again, all Jacuzzis and Spas are Fresh water due to the filtration system the water has to go through. Also got this info from Michael Mullane CD of the Spirit and soon to be on the Paradise.

We are on the Elation in May and only 1 of our ports shows excursions. These are NOT new ports nor has any storms hit them. And of the one, St Thomas, we can pick from not all of the excursions are even listed. Every time I call I get a different answer.

Thanks to everyone. Obviously, this is a common problem and it does not seem as though anyone at Carnival knows what is going on. :( So, won't waste my time trying to call or to have the TA call. I have booked our Cave Tubing in Belize with Yhony due to the many good reviews on this board. Will take a wait and see attitude or book anything else independently. Thanks again.:)

I'm going on the Victory in April. I've already booked my excursion in Costa Maya AND in Ocho Rios. Didn't have any problems. That was about 3 - 4 weeks ago, and I haven't checked since. But they still show up under my reservation.

I'm going on the Victory in April. I've already booked my excursion in Costa Maya AND in Ocho Rios. Didn't have any problems. That was about 3 - 4 weeks ago, and I haven't checked since. But they still show up under my reservation.

Hi DA,

Where are you going in Ocho Rios? Be real careful there. We went on the Dunn's River Falls excursion. It was a lot of fun, but if you're not careful you'll get ripped off. DO NOT WEAR JEWELRY!

A bunch of us went and they have local guides helping you climb the falls. A few of the women wore wedding rings and the guides held their hands and "helped" them climb the rocks (it's a big human chain of holding hands).

As they held their hands, obviously wet from the falls, the guides tried to slide their rings off very subtly. One of the women in our group caught them doing it and started a big commotion about it. Thankfully, no one that we know of got theirs stolen, but a few did complain about it.

Another caution - on our excursion, people who worked for the excursion company were videotaping us. As my wife and I approached the security checkpoint on land after the tour, a guy with 3 video tapes came up to us.

Fully expecting him to offer them for sale, he said that the needed to get these tapes to the "security guard" standing outside the security shack. Naturally we were very suspicious and refused.

Once onboard, I told a security officer of the ship what happened. Good thing we refused - it's a scam they have. They place drugs inside the casing of the video tape and the so-called guard outside the shack is a set-up guy.

They bust you for the drugs and then charge a thousand bucks EACH fine before you can board the ship. This isn't BS, it actually happened to my wife and I in 2002.

Sorry if I scared you, but I warn everyone I can about Ocho Rios. After all that, I still hope you enjoy the trip. It is a pretty island.

Mongie

Archived