Food on Galaxy

MrLee

Okay, I'm confused! (Nothing new there!) I'm on the T/A May 6 on Galaxy and I see there seems to be several restaurants from comments I've come across on several of these boards. I understand about the main dining room and buffet, but what are the others? Specialties where they charge extra? :confused:

There is a pasta bar, a hambuger and hot dog place, a sushi bar, and the buffet is closed at 6pm and reopened as a dining by reservation only that charged for the food. We were not too happy about the buffet closing in the evening when you are on the ship that long (TA) there are a few evenings that you would like to skip the dining room.

By the way that is the only thing wrong with the Galaxy TA cruise!!!

Bj

There is a pasta bar, a hambuger and hot dog place, a sushi bar, and the buffet is closed at 6pm and reopened as a dining by reservation only that charged for the food. We were not too happy about the buffet closing in the evening when you are on the ship that long (TA) there are a few evenings that you would like to skip the dining room.

By the way that is the only thing wrong with the Galaxy TA cruise!!!

Bj

Hey BJ, Glad to see you! Anything new planned?

The buffet is closed down in the evening for casual dining by reservation. Cost is about 3/pp which covers the waiters tips. It is really underutilized on most cruises and the TA fit right in with the underused. Those who had it said it was good. Pizza runs until 1:00 AM. No actual specialtiy restaurants on Galaxy just a great dining room with equally great staff!

Have a great cruise!

Okay, I'm confused! (Nothing new there!) I'm on the T/A May 6 on Galaxy and I see there seems to be several restaurants from comments I've come across on several of these boards. I understand about the main dining room and buffet, but what are the others? Specialties where they charge extra? :confused:

Hello again MrLee........Specialty restaurants are (at this time) only on the 'M' Class ships. There is no specialty restaurant on Galaxy (at this time) or the other 'C' class ships (although Century is scheduled to get one after some major rework).

Wes

Archived