Celebrity Offer on Sled Dog Tour mega Dollars

Alex618

I noted that Celebrity is now offering tour of a different glacier in Juneau for $300 more than private tours with Costal Helicopters/Mendenhall.  Curious if anywhere has opinion of pros and cons of the two Glaciers? This is a huge $$$ difference.  

1 hour ago, Alex618 said:

I noted that Celebrity is now offering tour of a different glacier in Juneau for $300 more than private tours with Costal Helicopters/Mendenhall.  Curious if anywhere has opinion of pros and cons of the two Glaciers? This is a huge $$$ difference.  

We did a private tour with Coastal this past June, it was a lot cheaper, we were on a b2b so booked while in Juneau for the following week, it was fantastic and worth every penny, I think we went to the norris glacier, the whole experience from the transfer to the helicopter to the actual sledding was wonderful, would recommend them.   The ship was in port all day so did not have any worries about being late back on board.

1 hour ago, welshrich said:

We did a private tour with Coastal this past June, it was a lot cheaper, we were on a b2b so booked while in Juneau for the following week, it was fantastic and worth every penny, I think we went to the norris glacier, the whole experience from the transfer to the helicopter to the actual sledding was wonderful, would recommend them.   The ship was in port all day so did not have any worries about being late back on board.

We are also in port all day.  The difference between the pricing is absurd in my opinion.  We have already booked Coastal

18 hours ago, Alex618 said:

We are also in port all day.  The difference between the pricing is absurd in my opinion.  We have already booked Coastal

It is crazy how much extra they charge, we did notice excursions being offered in all ports a lot cheaper than the cruise lines.    

On 11/15/2022 at 8:37 AM, Alex618 said:

oh yeah, that's the GOOD glacier.