Back from the 2/25 Opera...

Ella2

...what a FABULOUS cruise! I do plan to write a much more detailed review soon, but for now if anyone has any questions I'm happy to answer. I know the ship is repositioning soon so the Caribbean port information is probably not too relevant now, but if you have other questions just let me know. :)

I also just returned from the 2/25 cruise. I agree with Ella about the entertainment...top notch. Kept my husband wide eyed through every evening...just when you thought you had enough, they would switch from the comedian or whatever to something new and really was great! Don't miss the show similar to Cirque De Soleil....has two men and a woman from Hungary who have the greatest bodies and strength I have ever seen...will make you take notice. I also saw plenty of ball room dancing in the various lounges...the ship is small and very soon you will know where to go for this....you just won't remember when you get home..:mad:

Don't expect too much in terms of food...it was always just ok imho. I would stick with fish, pasta and risotto and if you really want something special, ask and they will prepare it for you. Also, really strong coffee to the point where I switched to green tea after the first couple of cups-even tried cappucino and aghhhhh!

An added bonus for us is that we booked through skyauction and got an inside cabin...we absolutely love it. We are one of those very picky cabin location people and always choose an aft suite...we had in inside midship and found it kept us up on deck more than usual and I was able to sleep past 8a.m which I never do with a balcony. I'm usually up early looking around at our next arrival port or reading on the balcony while hubby takes a nap before dinner. We found a quiet spot on deck 13 forward and loved watching the sky and ocean roll by and stayed put until sunset. We're actually rethinking our Oct back to back booking on Princess from a suite/balcony to an inside. Just think...all that money to spend on something else. All told it was another great cruise which for the price couldn't be beat. Any questions..ask away or email me momrox1@hotmail.com

Jkasm, most definitely, there is PLENTY of opportunity for ballroom dancing, we saw it all over the ship. You can dance to the Popcorn Band (an odd name, I know!) several nights and the Summertime Trio also sometimes plays dance music. I've never seen so many couples dancing on a ship as I did the Opera. Enjoy! :)

Thank you both for the info on the dancing. My eldest son and his fiance are taking ballroom dance lessons and are looking forward to strutting their stuff! One other question, my 16 year old son wants to know if they served escargot? (One of his favorite thing about cruises is of course the food! But not to worry about the quality, he's 16, he'll eat anything!)

Thanks again to everyone on these boards for all the great information and reviews!

I honestly don't remember any escargot; the menu is sometimes confusing with many choices, but if there was escargot I missed it.

Your son and his fiance will have plenty of opportunity to strut their stuff while dancing; they most definitely will enjoy. :)

I honestly don't remember any escargot; the menu is sometimes confusing with many choices, but if there was escargot I missed it.

Your son and his fiance will have plenty of opportunity to strut their stuff while dancing; they most definitely will enjoy. :)

THERE WAS NO ESCARGOT ON THE MENU,BUT LOTS OF DANCING,AND I GOT LOTS OF PICTURES OF THAT!

BUTTONS THE CABINBOY

BUTTONS! :D I wondered if you'd come back to share your wisdom with us! So great to meet you and Mrs. Buttons onboard, along with Keith and Kayla, Geri and John and many others. :)

HI Ella2 and BUTTONS!

I will write and much more detailed review soon, it has been absolutely CRAZY here since we returned.

There were LOTS of opportunities for dancing. They even had a dance contest in the Caruso Lounge that was fun to watch. (I think mid week.)

It was soooo fun to meet everyone from here, we had such a great time! Our cruise with MSC was even more memorable than our cruise on RCCL's Explorer of the Seas. I will DEFINATELY cruise with MSC again.

Nothing negative to report, expect we did not fell safe at all at LaRomana. I certainly hope MSC rethinks this port. (More details later)

Kayla

Everybody, Thank you so much for answering my questions. I look forward to all of your reviews (and your pictures buttons). My 16 year old says he can live without the escargot, and my older son is thrilled with all of the information about the dancing. Thank you again, all of you.

Ok Buttons, the cheque will be in the mail (that way it will NEVER get to you!!) :D

Kayla, we did a shore excursion in La Romana and I think I am really glad we did. Although the folks that did the $6 shuttle to the Artisan marketplace didn't seem to have any problems.

It was great to meet the CC people, yeah, even you BUTTONS!! :)

Archived