pride of Hawaii In 07

mrspunker

We're booked April 2, 2007. I am so excited about it! We're taking the kids (who will be 6 and 7 at the time) who are so psyched to see the lava and volcanoes...I guess they assumed the volcanoes were extinct with the dinosaurs! haha! I'm a travel agent, and I'm glad that my kids are finally getting to the age where they can go with me and dh on our travels instead of being left behind with grandma and grandpa. They love the NCL cruise borchures. My son talks about taking the ATV tours. My daughter (younger) talks about snorkeling with Nemo and Dori.

Cool, I am going to reserve today the same itinerary (April 2) Im getting some upgades so I think will be better to take the early birds upgrades than paid latter an expensier cabins.

I think we did the best booking because this ship is cheeper than pride of america and newer and the best of all, I am going to celebrate my bithday cruising....

We are looking at October 07 for a 30th anniversary cruise,now just waiting for the itineraries to come out. Anyone else looking at the October 19 cruises? Still not sure Pride of America or Pride of Aloha.....:cool:

We are ready to book for June----just waiting for the dates to be released so we can book. I am so excited! It will be me, DH, DD---12, turning 12 that June and DS---turning 15 that June plus my parents! Glad to see there are others out there anticipating this as much as I am!!:p

Glad to see there are others out there anticipating this as much as I am!!:p

Oh yes, we're definitely anticipating!

In fact, I bought the "Revealed" books for Oahu and Hawaii today. We'll be spending 2 nights in Honolulu pre-cruise.

Spring break in the warm sun:)

Sailed the Pride of Aloha in '05. Have not heard good things about the ship. I know they said the same things about Pride of Aloha when she first sailed. Has anyone sailed both Aloha and America? Excluding service how do the ships compare? I've read people say the showers are small, are they smaller then Aloha?

• 4 weeks later...

Also cruising Hawaii in the Fall of '07. Anxiously awaiting itineries! DH and I celebrating anniversary. Janniebabe, what made you pick Pride of Hawaii? We have never cruised with NCL.

Also cruising Hawaii in the Fall of '07. Anxiously awaiting itineries! DH and I celebrating anniversary. Janniebabe, what made you pick Pride of Hawaii? We have never cruised with NCL.

Glad to see someone else planning this far ahead! I LOVE to plan! Anyway, after haunting these boards and reading on all three of the Pride ships, it really boiled down to the itinerary. I know they aren't

out yet, but some of the cruise web sites have them posted (must be

tentative), and this one leaves port when we want to. We plan to fly in a couple of days early and restate our vows before boarding. Have already talked (email) to the minister on Oahu, and looking for the perfect dress (no, not white and virginal!). This one also boards on our actual anniversary! Let me know what cruise you will be on, maybe we can do drinks or something....:cool:

We are booked on Pride of Hawaii on January 8, 2007. We got a free upgrade to a balcony stateroom from an oceanview room. Having recently sailed on its sister ship, the Jewel, we cannot wait for a little freestyle cruising, island style!

We sailed on the Pride of Aloha back in January 2005 and enjoyed it very much. However, as the Pride of Hawaii has the same layout as the Jewel, there was absolutely no contest as to which ship we chose for our return visit . . . the Pride of Hawaii, hands down.

janniebabe, you're right! Half the excitement of cruising is the planning. We may be cruising the Pride of Hawaii the same week you are. Originally planned to go in September (that's the month we were married), but daughter getting married then (we think). Been doing a lot of investigating on these boards and think that's the ship and itinerary we like best. If there the same time, would love to meet for a drink. Also thinking of doing the renewal of vows. Keep in touch.

elephant98: Sounds as if you've done a lot of cruising with NCL. So, I assume you like the "freestyle" type cruising. So far have sailed with RCCL and Celebrity which both do the traditional-type cruises/dining. Husband isn't big on formal nights. We both like a more relaxed atmosphere. Glad to hear that you liked your cruise on the Jewel since it is similar to the Pride of Hawaii. After cruising on Pride of Hawaii, you probably will be able to give those of us sailing later a very insightful review since you can compare it to the other ships.

Just in the planning stages!

DH and I will be celebrating our 15th Anniversary this fall, my father and step-mom will be celebrating their 5th Anniversary beginning of the winter. We're both looking to do a Feb (?) 2007 cruise to Hawaii. (Just don't know which ship - still trying to decide! Maybe PofH?! ;))...Lots of planning to coordinate!

Janniebabe - We live north of Detroit. Clinton Township. Near Sterling Heights, Utica, Mount Clemens. Last year bought a home in Houghton Lake. Hope to move there, permanently, when DH retires. May be sooner than we thought. He works for a car company. Haven't seen too much of the UP, though. DH doesn't like heights, so it is very difficult to get him to cross the bridge. It took me forever to convince him to go on first cruise for the same reason. Now, he loves them!

Janniebabe - We live north of Detroit. Clinton Township. Near Sterling Heights, Utica, Mount Clemens. Last year bought a home in Houghton Lake. Hope to move there, permanently, when DH retires. May be sooner than we thought. He works for a car company. Haven't seen too much of the UP, though. DH doesn't like heights, so it is very difficult to get him to cross the bridge. It took me forever to convince him to go on first cruise for the same reason. Now, he loves them!

You should try to talk him into a visit - just beautiful up here. We have two daughters at CMU and they both say it is just too flat down

there! The last time I crossed the bridge was during a whiteout blizzard and it sure wasn't the heights that bothered me then!

We are looking at an aft mini suite for the trip - you??

Janniebabe

Janniebabe- We, too, are looking for an aft suite. Do you, or anyone else, know when the new schedules are coming out? I thought it was soon. As for whiteouts: We, also, have been caught in a couple. There's an area on I-75 just as you come to the exit for M-55 that always seems to have whiteout conditions with any snowfall.

Archived