entertainment book coupon for NCL ??

melika091900

:confused: I was just wondering if anyone has been successful using this...

in jan we went on NCL star, and i got a coupon from the entertainment books to use for the trip, i was told by NCL , we cannot use since we are not past cruisers... ok,,,

so this time around , we ARE past cruisers and we booked with the cruiseline directly... and i was told by 2 people that yes we can use this coupon. just mail it in certified mail, and it will be taken care of,, ok

so today i called to get the address of where to mail it .. ( since it wasnt on the coupon ) and the lady from NCL looked up our booking , and said you cant use the coupon because you are past cruisers and already have a discounted rate .... OK this is like contradicting..so i said well give me the address and ill mail it in and see what happens...

has anyone ever successfully used these coupons.. even though you are a past cruiser?? any info id appreciate ,,

and this is not a negative thread towards ncl by all means, i was just trying to save some money to use it for a shore excursion or something... ;)

The ENT coupon comes down to the promo you are booked in. If you have a Latitudes rate you do not qualify. Only the EBF (early booking fare) qualifies. So what you need to do is call back...or if booked under a TA have them call back, and see if the PG6 rate is enough to make the difference with the ENT ... or... if you are better with your current Latitude rate. ENT coupons worth $100 will be $50. pp and a $200 coupon will be $100 pp discount.

The ENT coupon states the terms and conditions on the back of the coupon.

Good luck.

The ENT coupon comes down to the promo you are booked in. If you have a Latitudes rate you do not qualify. Only the EBF (early booking fare) qualifies. So what you need to do is call back...or if booked under a TA have them call back, and see if the PG6 rate is enough to make the difference with the ENT ... or... if you are better with your current Latitude rate. ENT coupons worth $100 will be $50. pp and a $200 coupon will be $100 pp discount.

The ENT coupon states the terms and conditions on the back of the coupon.

Good luck.

thanks

yeah im going to call them tomorrow again and see what they say....

ill let you know what happens

:)

i too tried to use the coupon only to be told u can use it only if u booked brochure price. in all my travels i don't know anyone who paid brochure price. most ta's give at least a few dollars off. my peeve is that why bother to put a coupon in a discount book if noone, or just a few people, can take advantage of it. i was excited one minute & then let down the next.

i too tried to use the coupon only to be told u can use it only if u booked brochure price. in all my travels i don't know anyone who paid brochure price. most ta's give at least a few dollars off. my peeve is that why bother to put a coupon in a discount book if noone, or just a few people, can take advantage of it. i was excited one minute & then let down the next.

exactly thats how i feel totally.......

i know that 200 is alot .. but think of all the people who use that go on NCL and then come back to NCL , its the perfect marketing tool,

and for someone like us whos onboard bill usually exceeds 2000,, that 200 is nothing .... i hope theres something good going to come out of it,,im giong to call again tomorrow, and im mailing in the coupon anyways,, at least i can try.... :)

melika091900--hope u have better luck then me. my ta said she tried but no luck. also i called 2x's. the first agent was cold & firm "NO". the 2nd was very nice but still negitive. maybe i should call again & ask if they can substitute a bottle of wine for the coupon!!:D good luck-let me know

We were able to use the entertainment book coupon for our cruise (the delightful blizzard cruise). The key seems to be the rate code. There was a disclaimer on the coupon stating that the coupon could only be used for a certain rate code. We checked our invoice and the rate codes matched. We called NCL and they were pretty negative on the possibility that it would work. Our TAs said the same but suggested we send it in anyway. We sent it in to their accounting department about the same time as final payment. We also sent it via registered mail. That cost us an extra $5 or so but it seemed worthwhile at the time. We got the $200 credited back to us on our Credit card. Add in a fare drop prior to final booking and a nice upsell and we ended up with a pretty deluxe cruise at a reasonable price.

Best of luck...

Steve

SactoSteve--can u tell me the address u mailed the coupons to???

thanks--it's worth another try to me

This is where I mailed my coupon to - was told by the person who does the coupons and it did work for me.

Norwegian Cruise Line

Attn: Cashier

7665 Corporate Center Drive

Miami, FL 33126

Good luck!

I keep reading about the coupon books. How exactly do you get these?

They are Entertainment Books and you can get them for various areas (e.g., Seattle) or states (e.g., Hawaii). (Don't know about Canada, sorry.) Each specific book has sections of coupons unique to that book's locale, as well as general coupons that can be used nationwide (like rental car, air, cruise).

We've heard that you can buy the books in many places, but we get ours through the website, which is something like entertainmentbook.com. About this time of year, they typically discount the books by anywhere from 25% to 50%. (We just ordered ours for 50% off.)

On the original subject, I'm boggled. You can't use the coupon unless you're a past cruiser (doesn't say that on the back of the coupon), but you also can't use it if you are a past cruiser because past cruisers get a discount already? Hello...this is beyond illogical. It's Alice in Wonderland time.:rolleyes:

beachchick

On the original subject, I'm boggled. You can't use the coupon unless you're a past cruiser (doesn't say that on the back of the coupon), but you also can't use it if you are a past cruiser because past cruisers get a discount already? Hello...this is beyond illogical. It's Alice in Wonderland time.:rolleyes:

that's exactly the argument i had with the ncl agent. what a catch 22!!! they seem to win but i'm still trying

that's exactly the argument i had with the ncl agent. what a catch 22!!! they seem to win but i'm still trying

i totally agree..i still mailed mine in since 2 out of 3 people from NCL told me too.. so i will let you know whathappens , keep your fingers crossed,,

:rolleyes:

• 3 months later...

I just got of the phone with NCL and they told me the same thing, only past criusers can use it. Now don't you think the would let first time cruisers use them to get a taste of NCL? We are going with our friends who have sailed with them before. I am going to call her now and have her call and see what they say. I will let you know. We are doing the Jewel Dec. 17th.

I just got of the phone with NCL and they told me the same thing, only past criusers can use it. Now don't you think the would let first time cruisers use them to get a taste of NCL? We are going with our friends who have sailed with them before. I am going to call her now and have her call and see what they say. I will let you know. We are doing the Jewel Dec. 17th.

We used it for our Oct 2005 cruise on the Star without any trouble. It was our first time on NCL (so it is not for past cruisers only). We just gave the coupon to our TA after booking and they took the $200 off our balance at final payment. I would speake to someone else and not give up about it (you know how it is, call 3 times, gets 3 different people and 3 different answers).

My family and I are booked on the NCL Sun on 10/15. This will be our 3rd cruise w/ NCL. Each time we have been told that we cannot use it. I booked through an internet site each time. I would like to just send it in and see what happens. Where would you send the coupon to? NCL? Internet Agency? The coupon is to be mailed w/ final payment. Any ideas?

My family and I are booked on the NCL Sun on 10/15. This will be our 3rd cruise w/ NCL. Each time we have been told that we cannot use it. I booked through an internet site each time. I would like to just send it in and see what happens. Where would you send the coupon to? NCL? Internet Agency? The coupon is to be mailed w/ final payment. Any ideas?

I have just ordered the entertainment book for Seattle area on line. It is discounted right now. We cruise 9/16/06 on NCL Sun. We also booked our cruise on-line. I really really hope we can use the NCL coupon in the book. Of course, the final payment will be due before the book comes in. But I guess I'll send it in anyway. It never hurts to try.

I just got off the phone with an NCL rep to update some info and check status of my booking etc...( I was on hold for 20 minutes but the rep was very helpful)..I too had sent in an Entertainment book coupon which I was told I could use. My balance does not reflect that amount being subtracted, but I have left all recent paperwork at my other home so will have to call back when I get up there and have everything in front of me. I am a Latitudes member and it surely doesn't make sense that at least it isn't reflected as an onboard credit...but oh well..

NCL customer service seems to be a little lacking but that is the norm for most business these days.

Good luck to all who are trying to use their coupon.

I'm not holding out much hope.

• 1 month later...

We are NCL first time cruisers and we did receive the coupon discount, however, it was a pain to get. I booked a balcony stateroom through a TA. Before submitting the coupon to NCL, we called NCL to confirm the coupon was eligible. NCL informed us that we had not booked under the correct rate code, but we could change to the eligible rate code for an additional $30.00 per person. (the TA requested the customer service rep put notes in our reservation regarding) We decided to go for it because we would still be saving $140.00. Our TA followed up with NCL a few weeks later when final payment was due and was told that we were denied the discount because we weren't booked under the right rate code. The TA pursued this with NCL because we had increased our fare and were told that we had met all the requirements prior to submitting the coupon. After much follow up and conversations with customer service, supervisors, etc. NCL finally agreed to apply the discount because the notations had been made in the reservation. I don't think the TA would have pursued this so much if we hadn't increased our fare. NCL still states that we did not qualify for the coupon discount. The only reason that we received it is because of the notes made in the reservation which according to NCL was incorrect information given by the customer service rep. What is funny about this is the customer service rep had questioned a supervisor regarding this prior to giving the TA the requirement changes. This just seems like a huge amount of aggravation to go through.

I called NCL yesterday and was told I could use it as long a I have not made final payment, which I have not done yet. Hopefully this will work as my final payment isnt due for another 2 weeks. I will let everyone know how I made out.:)

Don't get your hopes up - as I was told something similar. I sent in my coupon and was told by my TA it was sent to NCL. I never heard a peep about it again and my rate was not adjusted. The only thing I did hear was from this board about me probably not booking the right rate code, which is probably true because I always look for the cheaper rates or those with the most value.

Archived