Please help me put my outfit together to wear to a weddijng

First of all, my sincerest apologies that I don't know (yet) how to download pictures, but I'll give brief (I promise) descriptions..

I'm wearing a VERY dark navy (could almost be mistaken for black) sheath dress to my niece's wedding. (Bought at Casual Corner, very basic). I've three pairs of shoes, with which I'm going back n' forth 1. Navy fabric slingbacks (pointy but squarish tipped, bought in 2003, don't know if they're 'dated?' They DO have a pretty dark blue rhinestone at the buckle. They're Anne Klein shoes. 2. Silver 'wet look' Nina close-toed slingbacks. They wet-look is similar to a 'mermaid's suit, if that makes sense, lol. 3. Close-toed silver fabric pumps, purchased in November (the new look for winter parties.) These have a 'silver-mirror type heel, and have the sequins, beads and rhinestones all adorning the shoe.

Would the navy shoes look too redundant? Both shoes and dress are good-looking, but put together, I'm needing something more? DH thinks the #3 shoes are too overpowering for the dress. (He might be right.) I'm planning on wearing a faux pearl and faux diamond choker and earrings set. As of now I'm leaning towards shoes #2. (Even though I love all of them.)

I know I shouldn't fret so much. All attention is for the bride. I just love to dress up!

Thanks!

The navy dress sounds classic and the pearls add the classic touch so therefore your shoes should be just as classic. Truthfully I am visualizing a navy high heel sandal I saw at DSW, it was satin type little strappy things with just a slight hint of navy blue beads that sparkled. The down side is, navy blue is hard to match. Do you have time to maybe look at some natural/taupe color with a splash of sequin or shine to them?

Good luck, I'm sure you'll look wonderful.

If the dress is basic and you'd like to dress it up, I'd say go for the silver. Add a dress scarf/pashmina in a similar color and you've taken a basic a dress and made it smashing with a little metallic evening color. You could even forgo the pearls and get a thin silver neckalce.

I think the silver livens it up a bit. Just MHO :)

Andi

You didn't say when the wedding is going to place. I would choose the shoes that look best for that season.

I'm leaning towards #1 or #2, with #2 bring the choice if the wedding is soon and #2 if it's a spring/summer wedding.

Have fun!

You say the dress is very dark navy, almost black?

If you go for new navy shoes, make sure they are the darkest navy, almost black, not a lighter navy. I heard somewhere years ago that if you can't get the shade to match in the same colour you should go darker not lighter with shoes.

Hard to visualise the shoes but sounds like number three should be discarded.

Good luck.

I always try the outfit on with the possible shoe choices and decide which work best. You don't want the shoes to stand out over the dress. They should be a nice compliment and not a shoe statement. I would model all 3 and decide which pair of shoes work well with the outfit. Happy Sailing!

The navy dress sounds classic and the pearls add the classic touch so therefore your shoes should be just as classic. Truthfully I am visualizing a navy high heel sandal I saw at DSW, it was satin type little strappy things with just a slight hint of navy blue beads that sparkled. The down side is, navy blue is hard to match.

Good luck, I'm sure you'll look wonderful.

The navy shoes sound the best for a wedding to me-if the navys match that is. That outfit with a string of creamy pearls would look great. Navy is a good all season color-so you can't go wrong no matter the time of year-and the other sound more like shoes for a dance or something.

Not that I know much about fashion- but the navy dress with matching navy shoes and creamy pearls would be so Jackie Kennedy-and she was a classic-her look never goes out of style.

Archived