Oceania Late flight

JC3389

Hi all,

I am looking at booking a cruise that ends in Barbados with disembarkation at 8am. My flight isn't until 10pm - do Oceania normally have a hotel event room to store your bags or would I be on my own ?

Thanks !

Ask your TA because normally I would say No. We have disembarked with friends who were staying on in that city and left our bags with theirs at their hotel and then picked them up when we finished our day touring.  We have also booked private tours for that disembarkation day that allowed for bags to be carried along on the tour. I do not know if Oceania has a Barbados tour/transfer but your TA can check it out for you.  A number of options so good luck.

Mauibabes 

There are a few options:

• Close to the end of your cruise, you will receive your disembarkation form to fill out, it will identify the options to choose from - such as if you've purchased a paid O transfer you must state your Airline and departure time, whether you have independent transfers and time (later, you will receive luggage labels coloured coded per your required disembarking times). 
  • It will also state if Oceania offers a panoramic bus tour of the city/town you are disembarking from and transfer to the airport for a specific time. With your late flight of 10 PM, this probably won't work for you.
  • Destination Services onboard will probably be able to advise once you are onboard if O will offer a tour/transfer rather than waiting for disembarkation options. The Concierge may also be able to assist.
  • We have booked 'day use' at hotels in the past but not in Barbados. Perhaps you can check with hotels in the area if they offer this - it gives you the ease of depositing your luggage, touring and refreshing in a room before you head to the airport.
  • As stated before, independent tour companies in Barbados may offer to include your luggage on a day tour.

Personally, I would plan something on my own. Oceania does, most typically, offer a day tour with luggage. However, that tour usually ends at latest around 4:00 pm, at which time they drop you at the airport. Not only is this six (6) hours before your flight, but at least three hours before the airlines will allow you to check in.

I’m both a Marriott Bonvoy and Hyatt member. My plan would be to go to either of those two and ask ( and tip) the Concierge to watch my bags for the day. I’d then explore the area, have dinner, and return for my bags around 7:30-8:00 , then off to the airport.