Drink Coupons?

2boyzmom

Someone mentioned drink coupons? Is there such a thing? Getting that bill under the door at the end of the cruise always hurtsicon_frown.gif

It would be nice to pre purchaseicon_smile.gif

Fantasy 1994

Zenith 1996

Zenith 1997

Zenuth 1998

Mercury 1999

Century 2002

Legend 2005 !!

Yes, I started ordering online the "4 bar credits for $19.95" from Carnival's website...ohhh I would say about 3 months before my cruise. I would buy them every payday and that way I saved a little money per drink plus I saved the extra 15% gratuity they charge every drink also! So yes, my S&S card (bill) was very, very low yet I still got pictures, shopped in the gift shop AND put my excursions on my S&S card. Every little bit does help though!

" You are the commander of your own destiny."

ss.gif

10/20/03 Celebration

We had a blast!

10/23/04 Sensation (no, make that SINsation!)

Let the Party begin!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;23;16;0;00&timezone=GMT-0600

Bar coupons are not worth the money if you use them for beer or mixed drinks like RUm and COke. If you want to drink the foo-foo drinks or use the coupons for a bottle of wine it makes for a great prepaid way to drink. It doesnt save much.

I also like that the coupons do not have an expiration date nor does it mention what ship. So if you have left overs you put them away and hope to remember to take them with you. I had lots left over when we sailed the Sensation. 4 coupons for 15 bucks and used them on the Victory---so we did save lots there too.

They also sell Photo coupons--which cost $15. bucks an d is for an even trade--$15 coupon for $15 worth of pictures. Its just that it is prepaid.

Going NOWHERE

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=000080&cdt=2004;10;22;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500

Miracle, February 13, 2005

Legend, October 22,2004

Voyager August 31,2003

Victory September 22,2002

Regal Empress,June 2001

Sensation,August 2000

They used to be "worth it" for the "bucket of beer (4 cans). Saved a few cents in addition to the 15% gratuity, but I agree that the greatest savings were on the foo-foos.

ECSTASY 1997

PARADISE 2000

PRIDE 2002

PARADISE 2003

TRIUMPH 2004

If you spring for the drink coupons (we always do), don't wait til the last minute. They have to be ordered a certain number of days before your cruise (around a week or so? I forget exactly how long).

B.

Ship_at_island.gif

"These moments we’re left with - may you always remember

These moments are shared, by few

And those harbor lights, lord they’re coming into view

We’ll bid our farewells much too soon

So drink it up, this one’s for you -

Honey, it’s been a lovely cruise."

-- James W. Buffett

Carnival Triumph, April '02

Carnival Sensation, January '04

Golden Princess, April '04

Carnival Sensation, Golden Princess / Caribbean Princess pix at: Cool Cruisin' Pix

e-mail: bobandkarenny@yahoo.com

We just got back from the May 16 Pride and had purchased 6 pages of the drink coupons (24 drinks). In our opinion it wasn't really worth it. The drink of the day as well as many others are only $2.95 if you don't get the souvenir glass. If we had not already purchased the coupons we would have been very satisfied with the drinks that were only $2.95. We won't buy them again for our next cruise. I will be posting an extensive review in a day or two.

Can't Wait !!!

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=800080&cdt=2004;5;16;15;00;00&timezone=GMT-0800

I ordered a one for each of my traveling mates. Just a nice little surprise to get us started when we first get there. Like Kristifree said- they can be a good way to cut down on the final bill. Buy them two months in advance and they will all be payed for well before the cruise.....

countdown.cgi?trgb=000000&srgb=00ff00&prgb=00bfff&cdt=2004;07;24;16;00;00&timezone=GMT-0500Carnival Miracle

A minute from now still isnt soon enough!!!!!

Remember that this isn't just for you to purchase. As long as your friends and family know your booking/room #, they can also buy these for you. Time is not wasted if you are wasted all the time. icon_biggrin.gif

Brian

Check out my webshot photos at

http://community.webshots.com/user/vegaspitboss

Carnival Victory - Nov. 2000

Carnival Spirit - Nov. 2001

Carnival Conquest - Dec. 2002

Carnival Pride - May 2004

Archived