Using Excursion credit after being on Waitlist

CruiserKris34

I was on Waitlist for an Excursion for my January cruise.  I rec'd an email that it was available & I had 72 hrs to book.  I go to the website &  can't use my Excursion credit.  Also, somehow now it showed double the excursions for the same one (2 for me & 2 for my husband).  I was not able to remove the duplicates.  So, I called & the guy said that you cannot use the credit on waitlisted excursions.  So, I had to pay for them and when on the ship I have to visit Guest Services to get onboard credit?  It was hard to understand him.  What an inconvenience!  Has anyone heard of this?  Thanks, Kris

When you get onboard, go to shoreexc desk and have them rebook it with your credit. Also if you booked any other excursions via credit card precruise, have them rebook those to use OBC and it will credit back to your account. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

6 hours ago, CruiserKris34 said:

I was on Waitlist for an Excursion for my January cruise.  I rec'd an email that it was available & I had 72 hrs to book.  I go to the website &  can't use my Excursion credit.  Also, somehow now it showed double the excursions for the same one (2 for me & 2 for my husband).  I was not able to remove the duplicates.  So, I called & the guy said that you cannot use the credit on waitlisted excursions.  So, I had to pay for them and when on the ship I have to visit Guest Services to get onboard credit?  It was hard to understand him.  What an inconvenience!  Has anyone heard of this?  Thanks, Kris

I also got the waitlist notification and was told to accept the waitlist booking, pay for it, and get reimbursed onboard.  It was the only excursion I wanted to do so I was happy to get it!    I made a note on my printed confirmation so I won’t forget to ask for the credit (to my credit card) when we are onboard.

• Thanks 1