Wedding in St Thomas - Marriott Frenchman's Reef

Hi - We're hoping to cruise the Southern Carib Apr 05 RCI Adventure of the Seas (not confirmed our booking yet) - our day 2 port will be St Thomas and we're planning to marry here. have read reviews on this site re Royal Romance service and am looking at other options available.

Has anyone used any of the wedding packages available at the Marriott Frenchman's Reef & Morning Star Beach Resort while cruising? We're looking for something simple, somewhere lovely and good memories - its only the 2 of us travelling from Scotland.

If you have:-

what was your experience like?

did the wedding planner keep you uptodate?

could you choose a time to be married?

what was the location (gazebo) like?

what were the video/photos like?

what were the flowers/cake like?

I'm undecided whether to use Royal Romance as it's their cruise we're doing or whether to go to a separate w. planner? any views / suggestions most welcome please

thanks, icon_smile.gif

P

Welcome, P! I'm glad you found it over here! icon_smile.gif Weren't the pics of the gazebo pretty?? (the link I gave you on the other message board) I suggest to read as many posts about Royal Romance on here as you can - and you'll also see many posts about various wedding coordinators that live on St Thomas. St Thomas isn't a huge island - only about 50,000 residents - so the choices of vendors is limited (flowers, photographers, etc). Be sure to ask the coordinators which photographer they book with if you have your heart set on a specific one. (Most have good websites)

It is a beautiful location there at that Marriott! We're headed back for land vacation this summer and always pass that hotel on our ferry ride from Charlotte Amalie to St John (we stay on St John). Simply gorgeous! icon_smile.gif

~ Mandy

NCL Sky 12/2000 - Western Caribbean

Celebrity Galaxy 12/2001 - Southern Caribbean

S/S Norway 03/2003 wedding cruise - Eastern Caribbean

~~~~ Married on the beach in St John! ~~~~

HAL ms Maasdam 11/23/2003 - Western Caribbean

P -

Since I like to take land vacations in the USVI, I also frequent the ***** message board. I came across this post from someone getting married at that specific Marriott (in the gazebo) in May. She will be in St Thomas as a destination wedding and not on a cruiseship.

http://www.*****/wwwtalk/read.php?f=4&i=18561&t=18561

"we are getting married at the Marriot in 1 and 1/2 months. I think we spoke before. I am getting married at the gazebo at the Marriot. Have you seen the picture yet of the gazebo? I have a great co ordinator there.

Maryann"

Her email is in the link on the webpage if you go there. She might be of good use for you to contact. icon_smile.gif

~ Mandy

Thanks for the link Mandy icon_smile.gif- you're doing a great job keeping me up to date! appreciate it

so far I think I've got wedding planner list down to 3 - Marriott (they seem to use Alan Brin and YouMayNow which have good reviews on the boards); VI Weddings.com by Cheryl; Weddings the Island Way (this is the company RCI and Princess contract to)

We had originally thought to book cruise with Royal Carib but now looking at Princess - their personal choice dining and fewer kids is appealing to us - both sailing schedules are almost the exact same. Although I have read on the boards Princess is aimed at the older age group (we're 34 + 32) so I suppose we're getting closer to that age group anyway!!!

thanks,

P

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Scottishp,

We just got back Sunday from our wedding cruise! We got married at the Marriott in St. Thomas and it was PERFECT!!!

I can send you more info and pictures if you'd like! Email me at megalyce@hotmail.com

Meg

Explorer of the Seas 5/04

Holland American Veendam 3/03

Carnival Imagination 4/00

Lake Champlain Ferries 88-95

• 1 month later...

Hello,

Can anyone send me photos of there wedding at the Marriott, Frenchmans Reef.

We are getting married November 30th in the gazebo. I have asked the coordinator & the photographer for photos, and they dont follow through. amazing!

also, Does anyone have an opinion on the photographer?

any other advice would be great:cool:

can send photos or emails to www.monter04@excite.com

Archived