NCL app not working

cb2367

App isn't loading on mobile data or WiFi. Conveniently, NCL seems to only provide support Monday thru Friday even though cruising is a 7 day a week operation.

How will I be able to view my account and make reservations if the app won't work?

I couldn't get it to work on mobile data or on the terminal WiFi. I thought maybe since there was a delay in boarding that maybe I could connect to the ship WiFi and make reservations. I did try using a web browser and logging into NCL but even that wasn't working.

Once on board, it still wasn't working properly. I connected to the ship WiFi and was still having issues. It was like I was connected to the Internet portal instead of the *internal" WiFi for just the app.

During the first show of the evening, the CD mentioned ways to make reservations and said "you can use the app... When it works."

Stopped by then Internet desk. Don't know what they did to make it start working, but it's all good now.

I have items in my cart it won't remove.  I have deleted the app. I have logged in and out.  I have erased cookies, and reset the phone.  I have tried loading the app on 3 different devices. The items are always in the cart.  I have talked to the app chat and they claim there is nothing in there.  

I am not a fan of their app!

Having just got off the Pearl, I found the NCL app to be very limited in its use pre-cruise.  You can't do very much on it at all until you connect to the ship's wi-fi.  This was very distressing, as pre-cruise I couldn't even see deck plans, so I'd made other arrangements through another app to download deck plans to have available for my cruise.  Once on board, the app was very useful, but if you leave the ship's wi-fi for any reason (in a port, or simply lose you connection) the app is useless.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Nilbog said:

but if you leave the ship's wi-fi for any reason (in a port, or simply lose you connection) the app is useless.

Totally agree with this and it's VERY, VERY short-sighted of NCL.  Being able to check ship's time on the app while ashore would be SUPER handy.  They could have some sort of countdown timer on the app splash screen which indicates how long you have until you need to be back aboard. 

Such wasted opportunity.  It's amazing (and kinda sad) how limited this app is in the current day and age.  I guess it's a situation where they have your money and they don't figure anyone is going to not cruise because of a crappy app.  But they might consider that techy times may opt for a DIFFERENT CRUISE LINE because of better tech.  

• Like 4

6 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

From what I recall, if you are on the ship you need to be in airplane mode and you don't need to be logged in to the ships wi-fi to use the app.

That is completely correct, but you do need to be connected to the ship's wi-fi at the least.  If you're connected to any other wi-fi the app is useless.

• Like 1

On 12/1/2022 at 7:06 PM, Nilbog said:

That is completely correct, but you do need to be connected to the ship's wi-fi at the least.  If you're connected to any other wi-fi the app is useless.

The app works different when your cruise has started, it doesn't do anything unless you are on the ship.  You do not need to be connected to the ships wi-fi for the app to work.  However, there doesn't seem to be much you can do on it from what I can recall other than see what you had previously scheduled.

2 hours ago, RedwingHockeyFan said:

The app works different when your cruise has started, it doesn't do anything unless you are on the ship.  You do not need to be connected to the ships wi-fi for the app to work.  However, there doesn't seem to be much you can do on it from what I can recall other than see what you had previously scheduled.

When I tried to use the app while on my cruise, if I wasn't connected to the ship's wi-fi (not logged into my Internet plan, just connected) the app wouldn't show anything at all.  I couldn't call up scheduled activities or even the My Account information.  Maybe you've had a different experience, but this was mine two weeks ago.

20 hours ago, Nilbog said:

When I tried to use the app while on my cruise, if I wasn't connected to the ship's wi-fi (not logged into my Internet plan, just connected) the app wouldn't show anything at all.  I couldn't call up scheduled activities or even the My Account information.  Maybe you've had a different experience, but this was mine two weeks ago.

Sorry, I was confused about being connected to ships wi-fi and using minutes to use the app.  You need to be connected but don't need to use minutes.  However, once your cruise starts the app doesn't work unless you are on the ship and connected to the ships wifi.