Kids free shore excursion?

soozles

We are a group of 4 people, 2 adults, a 3 yo and a 4 yo who will be sailing on the Carnival Horizon. We were trying to book the De Palm excursion in Aruba, and it says kids under 5 are free. When I try to order it, we get charged for the 3 and 4 yo. I called someone at carnival who told me to just buy it for the adults, and when we get on board, to go to the shore excursion desk and they will add the kids… has anyone else Done this? It sounds a little sketchy to me, what if they’re not able to add the kids on for some reason?

Is this the one?

De Palm Island Snorkel, Beach, Aqua Park & Buffet

(10)

Featured

$124.99 / Person

Aruba

Usually, if kids are free, or discounted, they list that in the pricing area.

I do see in the notes for this excursion that 5 or under is free, but it definitely is not set up that way. 

My guess is that the note is outdated, or copied from a previous version of the tour, maybe that wasn't all inclusive? 

I would book it for all of you now, and then email the shore excursion team and ask for a refund of the booked tour based on the note. If they don't give the refund, you have the option of canceling for a full refund prior to sailing. If you would go whether kids are free or not, then don't cancel, but try again for refund when on board.  If you would not go if having to pay for kids, then cancel, and try to book on board without paying for kids (though, you do risk it being sold out).

If you book for adults only, and try to add kids on the ship, but can't because it's sold out, or won't let you add them for free, you will not be able to cancel the adult tickets without penalty.  I really see no benefit of doing it this way. 

The website is weird, sometimes it says kids under 5 free and then tries to charge you for them, and then other times it says the same thing and won't let you select your kids.

Do as the phone agent suggested. Don't select your kids, just be sure to go to the shore ex desk and check in with them to see if you need a free voucher ticket (just for headcount reasons) for your kids.

I've done this 3 times over the past 2 years and have never had an issue. It seems a little sketchy but it has not failed me yet. 

will they let you book direct?    they are having a cyber sale of 25% off            When you board--  just cross the atrium to visit the shore excursion desk    I dont see where kids 5 and under is free as Depalm charges for a 4 year old 

1 hour ago, serene56 said:

will they let you book direct?    they are having a cyber sale of 25% off            When you board--  just cross the atrium to visit the shore excursion desk    I dont see where kids 5 and under is free as Depalm charges for a 4 year old 

It says on the tour description that kids under 5 are free. They’re too small to go on the water slides or snorkel, so we wouldn’t really use everything there anyway. 

5 hours ago, x lindsay x said:

The website is weird, sometimes it says kids under 5 free and then tries to charge you for them, and then other times it says the same thing and won't let you select your kids.

Do as the phone agent suggested. Don't select your kids, just be sure to go to the shore ex desk and check in with them to see if you need a free voucher ticket (just for headcount reasons) for your kids.

I've done this 3 times over the past 2 years and have never had an issue. It seems a little sketchy but it has not failed me yet. 

It’s reassuring that you’ve done this, it really sounded sketchy to me to just go to the shore excursion desk and hope for the best.