Puerto Montt: Off the Beaten Track - a Canopy Adventure

GAJE

Has anyone done this shore excursion? It is listed on HAL. We got our "feet wet" doing a zip line in Nawilliwilli. This one sounds much longer and I would love to hear anyone's review of it.

Thanks, Betty

I put a post up about a month ago, but so far no one has been familiar with this tour (not a good sign). I'll be leaving on Crystal in 9 days and they don't feature the canopy adventure as a ship excursion, but I did run into it on a SA tour website. If you have any more information, I'd apprecite if you could post it, as I am interested in learning more.

Steve: Hope this helps. Enjoy your cruise and please post a review on your return!

Betty

Off the Beaten Track-A Canopy Adventure

DURATION: Approximately 7 1/2 hours

PRICE: $199 Adult $199 Child

Boarding your coach in Puerto Montt, you will travel to the famous Chilean Lake District, along Llanquihue Lake with views of the Osorno and Calbuco Volcanoes. Transfer to a 4x4 vehicle for a drive deep into the forest surrounding Osorno. You're about to discover the forest canopy up close, as you will travel in the treetops between platforms connected by a series of cables. At Canopy Lodge Base, you will receive the instructions from a specialized guide and put on a harness. Traveling from tree to tree replicates the sensation of flying. In total, there are 14 platforms and 11 cable rides at an altitude of more than 130 feet. Maximum speed is 28 miles per hour between the platforms. All the platforms are specially designed for you to observe the wildlife at the treetop level and enjoy the spectacular forest view. After this unique canopy experience, enjoy a well-deserved picnic lunch!

• 7 months later...

The one thing I read was that someone was hurt by hitting a tree at the end due to rainy conditions. She ended up on crutches for at least several days (don't remember exactly). Perhaps you can follow up with the SEARCH feature. We decided not to pursue this excursion. If you decide to go ahead, I would love to hear about your experience. We sail in early January.

Betty

There were people on our sailing that got hurt doing the zipline in the rain. One young women was in a soft walking cast in the cabin next to ours. I would have loved to have done this excursion, but we had other priorities. If it was raining, I would make sure 1) I didn't go first and 2) that I really understood how to make the zipline stop. It is a beautiful area around the falls and volcanoes.

jc

Archived