That Other Live: Celebration b2b

jam19872016

Comedy starts in 50 minutes and there are 5 people in line already. It fills up sometimes bit that is unnecessary. 

Under the big top starts in 35 minutes and looks like the good seats are all taken. I want to catch the next show I'll make sure I'm at least an hour early. There were already two showings yesterday, these are encore performances. 

• Like 2

I got here 50 minutes early right as the roped off area up front was opened. I was starting to think I wasn't going to make it.

Got some drinks ready to go.

20221214_203906-X2.jpg

I'm hoping I picked a good spot for good views.

20221214_203912-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 3

Dinner was slooooooow.

After it took am hour for the entrées to arrive I asked if I could go ahead and get my dessert. 

Arancini 

20221214_195219-X2.jpg

Meatball

20221214_195224-X2.jpg

Pasta carbonara. 

20221214_201545-X2.jpg

I didn't get a picture of the short rib. It was better with the sauce that comes with it but still a little dry.

I took dessert back to the room for later.

• Like 4

There are a lot of Carnival shoreside employees onboard. 

I was sat two inches away from a group of them at dinner. It was interesting hearing so many of the same complaints from then. Some of the gems I heard while listening and pretending to be on my phone:

Food portion sizes 

Elimination of the specials at guys bbq

Slow dinner service

Steward that shows up when he feels like it usually when they go to take a nap after being out of the room all morning

One of their bosses warned him to not eat at chibang the food was terrible 

One left early to put down reserved signs for the show since it was clear we were not getting out before seating opened.

It's interesting to me that the beards know what they are doing to their product.

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

I'm not a big show guy so take what I say with a grain of salt. There was a lot of talent on the stage and some aerial stunts I've never seen in a carnival show before. But the seating is just not comfortable enough for it to be enjoyable to sit that long for that show.

I'm not saying you have to show up as early as I did, but you are definitely not striving in last minute. 

I wanted to see celestial strings since it's one of my favorite playlist productions but I think I'm going to skip it instead of trying to find somewhere comfortable to sit for almost an hour before the show begins.

20221214_212442-X2.jpg

20221214_213727-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 5

Chicken and biscuit. 

20221215_115223-X2.jpg

Pretty good. The biscuit was a little dry but not terrible and honestly I've never had a biscuit on a cruise ship that rates higher than terrible until now. 

Praline Gelato. 

20221215_120146-X2.jpg

Edited by jam19872016
  • Like 4

22 minutes ago, Megan_Strick said:

Anything 80's is my absolute favorite on the ship

I'd love to see more 90s parties. Most of the time I've seen it offered is on the last night very late when I'm already in bed dreading the 6am wake up time.

2000s would be even better but I guess we won't see that until I'm in my 50's?

It's before my time but I do enjoy the 80s parties especially the one royal puts on in their Promenade. An absolute blast.

The one I'm ready to see retired is the 70s. I've had enough disco to last a lifetime 😆

• Like 6
  • Haha 2

Tahitian kiss.

20221215_141255-X2.jpg

Just like a kiss on the lips but they add hibiscus syrup. 

Got the last day bed just above Lido. Setteled in to catch up on my reading. What better to read on a cruise, than someone else's review of their cruise 🛳. Missed a number of good ones.

• Like 6

2 hours ago, jam19872016 said:

I'd love to see more 90s parties. Most of the time I've seen it offered is on the last night very late when I'm already in bed dreading the 6am wake up time.

2000s would be even better but I guess we won't see that until I'm in my 50's?

It's before my time but I do enjoy the 80s parties especially the one royal puts on in their Promenade. An absolute blast.

The one I'm ready to see retired is the 70s. I've had enough disco to last a lifetime 😆

I'm in my 40's so 80's is my jam 😁

Just ordered from a roaming server. He said he'd make sure he brought one every 5 minutes. I hope he was kidding I am not trying to max out cheers again.

Not much alcohol in these frozen drinks but enough sugar to induce a diabetic coma for sure.

• Like 2
  • Haha 5