MSC - Port of Miami questions

Tiki_Man

Looking at a possible March sailing for the first time on MSC.  Would like some info about the Port of Miami.  We will be driving our own vehicle.  

Question 1:  Which Terminal does MSC use in Miami?

Question 2:  Is there covered parking close to the terminal (where I can walk or is a shuttle the only option?)

Thanks in advance

Tiki

I would suggest parking at the cruise port is the safest and most convenient option. It is pricey but many, including ourselves, have had bad experiences using off-site options. There is not an off-site option that is walkable. 

Piggybacking on tiki-man’s question….do all MSC ships use the same terminal in Miami?  We will be taking a Virgin Scarlet lady cruise next month (so terminal V) and disembarking the same day as embarking on a MSC Seascape cruise.  We are hoping to be able to walk with our luggage between terminals/ships.  I’ve read that MSC often uses terminal E which is close by, but does anyone have first hand knowledge or will that info be on my cruise docs?

The problem at the present time is that MSC is still constructing its new Terminal AA at the port, so one may be scheduled to leave from one terminal, get to the Port of Miami and find it was at another Terminal and when we returned home one week later we were at a third terminal. We also park at the port.  Please study port map below in relation to terminals in color orange and parking areas  color blue. We have parked in Garage G Garage C Garage D and open lot as well. We recommend one not try to park in parking garages bottom floor depending on rainy season may flood (as well as open air). If open air is more convenient and its is the proper season, just do not park under any tree, ( I did and I had to trade the car shortly thereafter). All the parking areas at the port charge the same $22/ day x 7= $154 . If one leaves from one terminal and returns to another, free shuttle service will be provided.

port of miami.jpg

Edited by morpheusofthesea
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, chefchick said:

will that info be on my cruise docs?

Yes, you will find the information under the heading 08: Main Steps for Embarkation. Ours said Terminal F, but it was Terminal C when we pulled up to an empty terminal. While on board I went to Guest Relations on Thursday to ask them what Terminal we would be returning to in Miami. Was told they do not know until an e-mail the night before we return to Miami.

12 minutes ago, chefchick said:

will be taking a Virgin Scarlet lady cruise next month

While waiting to board we had time to chit-chat with Clarence the YC porter. He told us that debarkation from VV is the worst at the port, sometimes not until 1pm.  Also if you happen to purchase trip insurance with Allianz they specifically will not pay out on VV as it is not on their supplier list.

Thank you for this info…guess we will have to play it by ear.  We have a “reserved” 10:00 disembarkation time from the Scarlet Lady and a 11:00 YC embarkation time for Seascape. Even if  we are late getting off Virgin since we are already in port, we can’t possibly be any closer…I’m not worried about making sail away, just trying to make it as seamless as possible.

I’m frankly looking forward to comparing the two experiences…I know they will be different, but I am expecting both to be a great time.  Happy Holidays.

57 minutes ago, chefchick said:

Thank you for this info…guess we will have to play it by ear.  We have a “reserved” 10:00 disembarkation time from the Scarlet Lady and a 11:00 YC embarkation time for Seascape. Even if  we are late getting off Virgin since we are already in port, we can’t possibly be any closer…I’m not worried about making sail away, just trying to make it as seamless as possible.

I’m frankly looking forward to comparing the two experiences…I know they will be different, but I am expecting both to be a great time.  Happy Holidays.

We have done a S2S from MSC to Carnival several years ago. I don’t remember the exact Ports but we were able to walk from MSC to Carnival with our luggage. In February/March we are again doing a S2S between MSC and Carnival. Do not know exactly where Seascape will dock compared to Celebration but if not within walking distance will have a very short Uber ride. It will all work out for you. 

• Thanks 1