Theme / elegant schedule?

Fawkes Trotter

My spouse and I are taking our first Carnival cruise next week on the Valor. With other cruise lines we've traveled, we've been able to find a schedule for the formal and themed nights ahead of time, but our Carnival journey planner and the app still have nothing but scheduled dining times and the potential spa treatments and shore excursions. The Carnival website suggests we will have an elegant evening towards the end of the cruise and a themed evening (maybe "Mega," maybe 80's?) at an indeterminate point. Is there a secret schedule for the theme evenings somewhere?

7 minutes ago, Fawkes Trotter said:

app still have nothing but scheduled dining times and the potential spa treatments and shore excursions. 

you will not see that until you are on the ship and log on under the carnival wifi 

45 minutes ago, Fawkes Trotter said:

Thank you all! I'll wait and see what happens when we get on. Seems a bit silly not to be given any guidance from the cruise line on how to pack, but I guess that's just a feature of a different line. Thanks!

Agreed. On my last cruise, we had no idea the whole ship would be decorated for Halloween (even though it was still weeks away), and had no idea there was going to be a costume contest. Obviously the information was somewhere before sailing because there were plenty of people with costumes on the ready for the party. We would have brought costumes had we known, but still had a great time just by showing up.

We talked to some of the employees about it, and even though they couldn't give us an answer on how to know for sure what the theme parties would be, they did say that the CD can change it, depending on the demographics of that cruise (ex: a 90s party vs a 70s or 80s party due to the average age on that sailing being younger), but that it didn't happen all that often.

Honestly, an email about a week out would be plenty of time for most people to put something together if they choose to participate and dress for the occasion. Other cruise lines I have sailed have done this, or have the information easily available in their equivalent of the planner section.

• Like 1