Taking alcohol on board

Hi,

Forgive me if this has already been discussed.

We are going on our first Royal Caribbean cruise in August to the Mediterranean.

If you buy alcohol in the port will it be taken from us and returned at the end? I was hoping to buy Limoncello when we get to Italy.

From reading the other posts on the subject RCI take it from you if you buy on board or taking it onboard when you embark at the start of the cruise. Is this because alcohol on board is duty free or because they want you to buy from the bars etc.

As European Union (EU) citizens visiting EU countries we don't get duty free on spirits or tobacco. I'm guessing that we won't be able to buy these items duty free on board either.

Does anyone have any experience of the alchol situation on cruises to EU countries?

Thanks

Karen

Any alcohol purchased in ports or on board is delivered to you the last night of the cruise. It doesn't matter if its duty free or not. IF they bother to find it, they take it, and return it to you the last night of the cruise.

Archived