Silly question re the clear bra straps

Ok ladies, bear with me in my moment of stupidity, but don't you have to purchase a strapless bra? My common sense is telling me yes, but wanted to make sure before hand so that I can order, in time, a strapless bra to go with the clear straps for the cruise.

Sorry, I'm a bit confused by your question. There are bras that come with the clear straps. I personally would not wear them with an outfit that really needed a strapless bra, but I have one from VS that I bought to go with a halter-style weskit top and the around-the-neck strap is clear. I like this in case it slips at all.

If you're asking if you'd buy a strapless bra to add the clear staps to, I think you'd have to have a convertible bra so that you can actually remove the existing straps (if colored) and add the clear straps.

Hope this helps.

If you're asking if you'd buy a strapless bra to add the clear staps to, I think you'd have to have a convertible bra so that you can actually remove the existing straps (if colored) and add the clear straps.

Hope this helps.

Thanks, yep it helps me a lot. Having never needed or wanted clear straps, I was uncertain what type of bra that'd need to be bought. Makes perfect sense once you mentioned a convertable. I'm just looking for something to wear under some tank tops that have spaghetti straps.

If you look at your regular bra where the the straps are attached, you'll see that the fabric is looped over - like the top of a curtain where the rod goes through.

If you then look at the straps you can buy - clear, rhinestone, doesn't matter - they ave a plastic thingy on either end. You CAN cut off your regular bra straps and then replace them with the new straps you buy. Have a look at your bra and the novelty straps and you'll see what I mean.

Jane

I love my clear bra straps. And I even found some black beaded ones in a catalog recently. I wear both on formal nights, usually under a black lace or burn out tunic top. But as a plus size woman, it's not easy finding a bra that has removable straps. :)

Ok ladies, bear with me in my moment of stupidity, but don't you have to purchase a strapless bra? My common sense is telling me yes, but wanted to make sure before hand so that I can order, in time, a strapless bra to go with the clear straps for the cruise.

I saw a woman in a strapless dress my last cruise and one of those bras-I thought it looked pretty tacky. I could see wearing it with a tank top or something like that-where the straps would be mostly covered but if one accidently "peeped out" not too terrible.

I did buy one for my daughter a few years ago when they first came out. She said it was just too uncomfortable-that the straps kind've dug into her shoulders and on a hot day they made her sweat where they were-so that bra went off to charity.

She prefers either to buy tank tops with shelf bras made into them or else to buy a bra in a matching color so if it peeps out it does not lok so offensive.

Anyway my thoughts-no good for strapless or spaghetti strapped dresses. I say-either wear a strapless bra or if the "girls" are where they are supposed to be-just skip the bra for the evening.

I love my clear bra straps. And I even found some black beaded ones in a catalog recently. I wear both on formal nights, usually under a black lace or burn out tunic top. But as a plus size woman, it's not easy finding a bra that has removable straps. :)

Now I like the idea of the black beaded straps with a strapless gown. That would just look like the dress had spaghetti straps.

That sound slike a good idea too for us older gals who would not look so good braless and who can't deal with the pain of strapless bras.

If you look at your regular bra where the the straps are attached, you'll see that the fabric is looped over - like the top of a curtain where the rod goes through.

If you then look at the straps you can buy - clear, rhinestone, doesn't matter - they ave a plastic thingy on either end. You CAN cut off your regular bra straps and then replace them with the new straps you buy. Have a look at your bra and the novelty straps and you'll see what I mean.

Jane

that is a great idea!

Now I like the idea of the black beaded straps with a strapless gown. That would just look like the dress had spaghetti straps.

That sound slike a good idea too for us older gals who would not look so good braless and who can't deal with the pain of strapless bras.

Exactly. My last cruise I wore a black sparkly dress with spaghetti straps. I managed to find a black bra with rhinestone straps, along with a very thin plain black strap. When I put it on, it looked like there were 3 straps, 2 black and one rhinestone...it looked like the dress came that way! Much more comfortable than the strapless I had planned to wear.

Archived