NCL Escape Desserts Question

cruisekitty22

Anyone know and has eaten in Bayamo/Ocean Blue  if they have sugar free sorbet/ice cream in any restaurants on this ship (Escape)?  Especially if you found it in a specialty restaurant?  How about  the dining room?  Any sugar free sorbets or ice cream for dessert there?   I am desperately trying to find out  if DH can eat dessert anywhere that is sugar free?  I don't mean the buffet. Those desserts are tasteless! 

I can't speak specifically for the Escape (the last time I was on I was still eating sugar), but sugar free offerings have shrunk in the last several years.  You used to be able to get sugar free pana cotta at lunch that was pretty good, but lunch has only had regular desserts in the MDR recently (in my experience).  The two NCL ships I've been on in the last year (Bliss and Sun) had at least one no sugar added offering in the MDR for dinner (plus the cheese plate).  The tastiness varies. I like the tartlet.  There were no specialty Sugar Free desserts on the menu in Cagney's, La Cucina or Los Lobos (I did not ask if they had anything special they could bring that was Sugar Free).  I haven't tried the sugar free ice cream.  I do know that you CAN request sugar free syrup at breakfast (if that helps any).  Teppanyaki has a fruit sashimi listed in their desserts that I hope is no sugar added (I'm going there in January on the Encore, so I hope so).  Good luck.  It's tough out there for us sugar-free folks.