HAL cancelled our cabana 2 days before sailing

lagirlforjesus

On 1/18/2023 at 11:01 PM, lagirlforjesus said:

Thanks Cherie.  This wasn’t our first bad experience on HAL.  We sailed them for the first time in Dec 2019.  Right before the pandemic.  Our ship never left the port as they were having engine trouble.   They kept us in FL at the dock for 4 days.  Then they canceled our cruise.  

At the time, I was patient with them as things can happen.  I took it in stride.  We had a major disruption in our travel and our vacation with our daughters never happened.  

I wasn’t willing to let that happen again.  I wasn’t expecting the sun, moon and stars.  Just a fair compromise for bait and switching us again.  The HIA package was a no brainier to us too.  So far HAL has not left us with any warm fuzzies. 

Oh well.  On to our next adventure.  

What happened here? Did they charge you for the cruise? 

• Like 1

On 1/17/2023 at 7:53 PM, lagirlforjesus said:

I apologize for the late response to the issue but we had internet problems on the ship and then while we were in the middle of trying to get this resolved our flights were cancelled on Southwest.  Needless to say, we were in a pickle for several days.  Then we were visiting family and just returned home yesterday.  

Holland America did not resolve our situation.  They offered us dinner in the Pinnacle Grill for one night and then offered us a small cabana to use.  This cabana did not fit our entire party so we did not use it.   They left this offer of the Pinnacle Grill and the smaller cabana on our voicemail.  My husband had gone to meet with guest relations and was finally able to sit down with the manager to tell her our predicament.  She listened to our story and smiled sympathetically but offered no help to our situation.  We asked them to provide us with the "Have it All" package as a solution to our predicament and they said, "no." 

End of story.

Again, I do apologize for not coming back quickly to update but to be honest the Southwest cancellations threw our whole family for a loop.  No way to get home and no help.  We took it in stride and were able to reserve a car and we were thankful to be able to get home.  It was a very long drive but we finally made it.  

I'm disappointed that Holland America did not provide us with a viable solution to the cancellation of our family cabana.  The ship was packed the entire week of our cruise and we were sad not to be able to soak in the sun with our kids in privacy after a very long year.  I won't go into the details regarding why the year was so long but it was a crushing year for our family and that time spent together in privacy was the major factor for booking that cabana.  They gave our cabana to someone else that they thought was more important than we were and then they didn't rectify the situation.  I can allow for human error but I believe a company should try to make things right when they've made a large mistake. 

How many dinners would have been received if you had taken them up on their offer. If you had 10 in your party were you offered 10 dinners?

• Like 1