Seabourn Valet

bldsld

I know this has been discussed in the past, but I have never used the valet service and would love to hear from anyone who has. We're finally considering letting someone else do the shlepping!

Are there any locations in which the service is unavailable?

Thanks,

Denyse

We have now used the Valet service twice, both for transatlantic cruises. Shipping luggage from Florida to The Canary Islands. Cost for us was $300 one way one large case (weight was 70 something too late tonight to find paperwork). They picked up 2 weeks prior to embarkation date and luggage was in our cabin when we arrived. You obviously have to be organized but we loved it and will continue to use it. Carrying those cases on and off planes really puts a lot of hard work into the trip. Worth the expense for sure. Sorry can not help as per locations available but call the # provided the people are really helpful. Good Luck. When are you cruising?:)

Thanks for your reply. We're cruising from April 23-May 14th on the Legend, FLL-Lisbon, and the next segment on to Rome. I'm curious to know if I can ship within the US from SFO to FLL, not just the international portion in the reverse direction. I'll call the valet office tomorrow to inquire. There's plenty of time to make arrangements, and I'm pleased to hear it is so smooth. I know there are others who swear by the service!

Denyse

Denyse,

Several times we have used UPS and have had the luggage shipped to the hotel where we stay before the cruise. The cost recently for a 75 lb bag was $64.00, one way. Seemed very reasonable and it usually takes 3 business days. The hotels where we have sent the luggage seem very used to receiving luggage and hold it until we arrive. Just a suggestion.

I have used Valet as well and had I not gone to reception to ask about my bags, we would have left Monte Carlo without it. DSL had left my bag in their storage facility. But all went well as they finally brought it on board prior to sail away.

Good luck

Taylor

As I have stated, I have used the service overseas and one inter-state return. I think the person who manages the valet service works M,T, and Thursdays. I would be tempted to use UPS in the states, but when going overseas, I want Seabourn to handle things, just in case. Nothing better than finding the big suitcase in your suite upon arrival.

Hi Denyse, Jane here. I called Seabourn valet to find out about shipping a bag ahead of me for our April cruise, and they told me they don't ship to the Caribbean, which I thought sort of odd. But I did find this online service (link below). They specialize in sports equipment (I was thinking of sending my dive bag ahead of me). They sound great, the only thing is....they are expensive; about $400 each way. So I'm think I might just drag it across the country anyway, that's a lot of simoleans. As someone else mentioned, I think, DHL also has this service.

http://www.sportsexpress.com/

Both fedex and ups. Both very good. But buy the carton from them to put your bags in. If you ship overseas you always have the problem that inspectors might want to open them up. Also may i suggest that you go the day before sailing to get your bags at a hotel not on the ship.Also make sure you have the tracking number when the bags leave so you can follow them on line. I don't think you can do that with the ship doing the pickup.

Thanks, everyone, for the great iinformation. I actually have tried to reach the valet service, but it's a voicemail only, so we'll see if they call back. I'm actually intrigued with the notion of using UPS to ship to the hotel in FLL, so I shall look into it.

In November, I will definitely use the Seabourn valet to ship our luggage to Malaga. With 3 airline connections from SFO, I think it would be prudent to leave the luggage to Seabourn.

Regards,

Denyse

Seabourn uses DHL Worldwide for this service, combined with the local ship's agency in the port. It has been pretty trouble-free, I'm told. Lots of repeat business, which is always a good sign.

bgood

Hi Bgood,

What is the number you have for the Valet? I keep getting a voicemail, and have had no response yet to either of my messages. I'm very interested in using the service, as I have heard wonderful things about it.

Thanks,

Denyse

Hi bgood,

I spoke with Margie in reservations today, and she gave me all the info needed. What a brilliant way to get your luggage to the ship, and then home again. Since we'll be spending a couple of days in Rome, it would be nice not to be toting formal wear that we will only use onboard ship!

BTW, the number you posted is the one I had trouble with. It is a voicemail that does not identify itself. I think it may be broken.

Thanks for your help!

Denyse

Hi Denyse,

we used the Valet service last year for our cruise that embarked and ended in Rome. the ship used DHL, and it worked out well. our bags were in our stateroom when we boarded the ship in Rome. my husband thought that some of the things in his luggage had been handled at customs, as things he had folded carefully were a bit crunched up and wrinkled. but all our stuff got to Romne and back without a real hitch. it was quite expensive, but we were shipping things from Hawaii and that adds on alot.

Archived