Carnival Conquest Christmas Cruise

cc75

Sailed on the Dec 22-26 sailing for Christmas.  I’ve read all the warning about 3 and 4 days cruises but I thought it’s Christmas perhaps people will behave a little better. 

I was incorrect. I’ve never say a group of cruisers behave so uncivilized and treat other cruisers with such little respect and more importantly treat the crew so badly.   I went out of my way to help, encourage, and thank the crew it was so bad.  

I 100% know I’ll never do another 3-4 day cruise, and perhaps try a little more upscale line. I know the foolishness happens there as well but it can’t be worse than this sailing was.

On a positive note the service was fantastic.  The ship was beautifully decorated and the Christmas festivities were excellent.  

I also enjoyed the Hilton Downtown Miami for our pre-cruise stay.  Nice hotel, great staff highly recommend a bay view room. 

It is starting to feel like Carnival has made special efforts to find the rude and crude in society. We recently booked a cruise on NCL. While talking to the Personal Cruise Consultant (NCL version of PVP) he asked what we were looking for with NCL vs. Carnival. We told him "housebroken passengers."

• Haha 3

On 12/26/2022 at 10:24 PM, cc75 said:

Sailed on the Dec 22-26 sailing for Christmas.  I’ve read all the warning about 3 and 4 days cruises but I thought it’s Christmas perhaps people will behave a little better. 

I was incorrect. I’ve never say a group of cruisers behave so uncivilized and treat other cruisers with such little respect and more importantly treat the crew so badly.   I went out of my way to help, encourage, and thank the crew it was so bad.  

I 100% know I’ll never do another 3-4 day cruise, and perhaps try a little more upscale line. I know the foolishness happens there as well but it can’t be worse than this sailing was.

On a positive note the service was fantastic.  The ship was beautifully decorated and the Christmas festivities were excellent.  

I also enjoyed the Hilton Downtown Miami for our pre-cruise stay.  Nice hotel, great staff highly recommend a bay view room. 

THIS is my fear.

We are looking at booking Conquest for a last minute surprise birthday cruise for my son as we can get a balcony stateroom on Carnival for the same cost as an interior on RCCL for basically the same route. I am historically "Loyal to Royal" and am not sure how I would handle a rougher crowd on Carnival.

• 1 month later...

I hate to admit, but this doesn't surprise me as I have not heard good things about Conquest in general.

We have been on many different Carnival ships since cruising resumed and most were great experiences, one or two just average, but none were bad. ( We have purposely avoided Conquest).

We have only cruised over Christmas once (on Horizon when it was new) and have no plans to do it again (for a variety of reasons).