EZ-Air Airline Canceled Booking, Rebooked Fare Increased $1,200

kjg46

1 hour ago, westcoaster said:

I've had EZ Air changes a few times in the past year due to airline schedule changes.  If I wasn't given new flights, or if I wasn't happy with the new flights offered, I've been able to talk directly to EZ Air and get flights I was satisfied with.  The original fare was protected in all cases.  This has been the case whether the flights had been ticketed or not.

That is the way it should be, but in our case, E-Z Air would not honor our original price.  The airline changed their schedule, leaving us with one hour connection both ways.  I checked E-Z Air website.  There is a connection with 3 hour layover, so I requested a change, but was quoted a higher price.  I questioned E-Z Air's price guarantee.  The rep said, there is not guarantee unless the air was paid in full.  I beg to differ with the rep.  In the past, the price was always guaranteed.  I guess, now it isn't.  You must take their alternative flight to be guarantee the price.

2 hours ago, Retirement2016 said:

That is the way it should be, but in our case, E-Z Air would not honor our original price.  The airline changed their schedule, leaving us with one hour connection both ways.  I checked E-Z Air website.  There is a connection with 3 hour layover, so I requested a change, but was quoted a higher price.  I questioned E-Z Air's price guarantee.  The rep said, there is not guarantee unless the air was paid in full.  I beg to differ with the rep.  In the past, the price was always guaranteed.  I guess, now it isn't.  You must take their alternative flight to be guarantee the price.

Yes, even without using EZair sometimes you have to take the flights they offer to keep your price.    I found that out this summer, when our nonstop Heathrow to Rome flight was cancelled.   I’d booked with points.   While there were later nonstops the same day, I was told there were no more points seats on those flights.    That’s why we flew to Rome with a plane change in Madrid, arriving in Rome at midnight…. But our luggage made it.    
We still had a great time in Rome.   

Maybe take the flights they’re offering you with the one hour connection.