Restaurant recommendations near Crown Plaza Hotel near LA Cruise Port

graysonman

My wife and I are coming in on Sunday afternoon for one night at the Crowne Plaza and we were wondering about any restaurant recommendations that anyone has for the area near the hotel. We are heading out on the Celebrity Solstice on Monday for a 5 day cruise to Mexico. Can’t wait!

I have been looking at car services from LAX to the hotel. Seems like they are all over $200.00. Cabs or Uber are less but we have to get to LAX it; am I correct on that?

Also, I understand the walk to pier 93 (where I believe our Celebrity ship will be docked) is a fairly easy walk along the waterfront with luggage? Is 15-20 minutes about right for that? I know the hotel has a shuttle service too.

Thanks for any help or suggestions!

We're also staying at the Crowne Plaza in May sailing from Pier 92 I believe. Our first time staying there also but our research thus far has found a couple of less expensive Black Car options - check out Executivecarservicelax.com and Laxblackcars.com - both are curbside pickup and are private sedans. The Uber/Lyft routine involves getting a shuttle from the terminal to the LAX-it lot and then texting for an Uber/Lyft. The car service runs about $100 so for the difference in price and no hassle with shuttles you might find it worthwhile.

As for a restaurant, I like the looks of the San Pedro Brewing Company which is just down the street from the Crowne. Otherwise, just check Tripadvisor and their reviews on area spots.

Youtube has an interesting video on the walk from the Crowne Plaza to the port and they indicate about a 20 minute walk. You might want to check it out - think we just did a search for the Crowne Plaza to the pier and it showed up.

Have a great trip eh?!!!!! :)

Cheers,

Rob

1 hour ago, Robroy said:

I like the looks of the San Pedro Brewing Company which is just down the street from the Crowne.

SanPedro Brewing Company is good.  So is Green Onion across the street. (Mexican)  Also like the SanPedro Cafe, on S Pacific, for breakfast or lunch.  

The walk is about 10-15 minutes along the waterfront.  Once you get to the waterfront from the hotel, it’s nicely paved and level.  We always walk to the pier from the hotel traveling with a backpack and roller suitcase.

We eat at a couple of restaurants while staying the the Crowne Plaza—-the Green Onion and the San Pedro Brewing Company.  Both good and close to the hotel.

http://www.greenonionmexicanrestaurant.com

https://sanpedrobrewing.com/

We use Xpress Shuttle for transfers to and from LAX:  https://xpressshuttles.com/.  Professional and reliable.

for walking distance, I would agree San Pedro Brewing or Green Onion (not the best Mexican food in town, but good & nice atmosphere, also a chance to try a San Pedro tradition before they close in May) are good choices...Nikos is just past SP Brewing & has nice but not fancy Italian & pizzas...Whale & Ale (Irish Pub) would also be easy walking, I haven't eaten there, but have heard good things. There are a ton of other nice places beyond easy walking distance but those give you a variety of options.

Sunday & Monday are looking like you will be in the break between rainstorms so walking to eat & the pier should be enjoyable, coming from Calgary, it should not feel too cold for you, but we are considering it definitely winter & jacket weather.

No help to offer with airport stuff, sorry we cruise from our local port so we don't have to fly. Have a wonderful visit to SP & a great cruise.

• Like 1

Uber Black service picks up curbside at LAX as does Lyft's premium service.

Standard Uber runs around $45 (using the LAX-it Lot), Uber Black is closer to $100.

I love the Green Onion. It is an old school Sonoran style Mexican restaurant that's been around almost 40 years. It has great margaritas and good food.

• Like 1