What to do in San Juan for a day?

Cruising1122

If you are cruising out of San Juan, what are best things to do for Day. Since you will be on water and beaches whole week cruise, water related activities may not be top priority?

On day of disembarkation, you are typically out lets say 9 or 10 AM (small luggage) and you have evening flight like 10 or 11PM, where one can store luggage to walk around city? or are there locker storage to rent? or what can one to kill like 8 - 10 hours. I am sure this is common issue.

Every time I looked at cruise line (does not matter which cruise line or which port) and looked at cruise booking schedule then went to airline or some travel booking website for same date, I never saw best price around early afternoon (disembarkation day). Sometimes there is ridiculous price difference such as late evening flight around $150 and early afternoon $600 or higher. This includes budget airlines. Perhaps website cookies pick up scent there is money to be made.

There is a restaurant in the old city on Calle Fortaleza that will hold bags, I think the name is barrachina or something like that. I know some of the excursion providers will *not* take bags due to concern about vehicles getting broken into. 
I did a morning old city tour pre cruise and then went to look at the forts myself post cruise to do more photography. 

P1290516.JPG

P1290956.JPG