When we arrive in galveston

I have a question.We are arriving the night before our cruise and staying at the harbor House at the pier. we are renting a car from hertz to drive in from Hobby. can u turn in the car at the pier? The drop off places are closed and I was wondering for a fee if we could leave it at the terminal If you have had any experience with this or know about it will you please let me know so i can make other arrangments if not. Thanks :o

Not sure. we bought the transfers but hubby wanted to be next to the pier when she sails in so hence the night before, i wanted a limo but prom has booked most with the best prices so scrap that idea. Kinda just lost on this one. Planning my first vacation by myself so goin solo kinda sucks!! ha Thank god for these boards!! lol

We looked into rental cars when we did our cruise on the Elation last month. There was a $40 drop off fee for the car and you could NOT leave it at the terminal - it had to be returned to the agency during business hours. Galveston Limo (really just shuttle busses or tour buses during peak hours) runs from Hobby until 10 at night. Their number is 800-640-4826. It's $30 each for the trip to Galveston. Cheaper and easier than a rental car without the hassel. Harbor House is right next to the terminal and close to restaurants, shops and the historic downtown area. Other than getting to Galveston you won't really need a car for anything.

We are also renting a car at the airport and we have to drop off the car at the rental place. They will be closed but was told what to do when we dropped it off. Now, wondering if the shuttle at the hotel will pick us up there and take us back to the hotel (Holiday Inn - Galveston On the Beach).

Good question. I'm sure one of these fine folks will be willing to give you their advice. I'm just not up on car renting & it just seems to me that a shuttle is so much easier. But I don't know if the hotel will get you to the cruise terminal. Ya might need to cll them.

I have no idea how much it would cost to rent a car for a week, but most of the Galveston hotels have free parking for the week if you stay the night before your cruise. The car would be available for you to return to Hobby after your cruise and there would be no drop off fee. Call the car rental agency and Harbor House to see if this is cost efficient. Just an idea.

Harbor House is a great location with plenty to do. You can also watch the ships sail that are docked on Saturday. Have fun.

Archived