How Long Until I Get Communication About Availability of a Wedding

I want an "at sea" Mediterranean cruise wedding. I will need a total of 5 cabins for 8 family members plus us. I have narrowed my cruise choices down to 4. My top choice being Celebrity Infinity followed by RCCL's Explorer of the Seas and Rhapsody of the Seas (2 different dates). I can't call either of these cruise lines' wedding people. Celebrity's flat out says in a recording that they are not taking phone calls, email us. RCCL's went to voicemail yesterday and I left a message. Today, the voice mailbox is full. I have emailed both companies. There are only one sea days on each of these sailings and "at sea" weddings can only be done on sea days. I need to know if those days are available so I can book cabins. They are selling out fast...and I mean fast! Am I wrong to believe that even putting a hold on the cabins would be pointless as I might not hear back from the wedding people about wedding availability before the hold time runs out? 

Does anyone have recent experience with initial contact and how long did it take?

As an aside, Princess returned my call in less than 24 hrs. Unfortunately the sailing I wanted (and a wedding was indeed available) is sold out.

I guess I am just being a Bridezilla. Celebrity returned my call. While she was exceedingly sweet, I got a whole ocean of cold water poured on me. I will NOT be having an "at sea" legal wedding. Not because it's unavailable, but becausue my fiance was born in India. He is a US citizen and has been here since 1985. However, his requirements for hoop jumping would go clear into next year. And mine, just needing a birth certificate with an apostille from NY State would take far too long. I ordered a plain old certified copy of my birth certificate yesterday and the estimated process time was MAY 23rd! And that is not even the apostille. I wanting a June wedding this year for various reasons. Not gonna happen...unless it is just a symbolic wedding on the ship and civil ceremony home in Texas. UGH! Not what I wanted, but that is the way it probably has to be.

Okay, for informational purposes, all cruise wedding people have called me back now. That's Princess, Celebrity and Royal Caribbean. Yup, Bridezilla.

I actually booked my cruise with Celebrity. Now I have to figure out my wedding. But since it has to be a symbolic wedding, I won't stress over the all consuming importance of not missing the port if I have the wedding on Santorini. We will be in Santorini from 8:30am until 10:00pm, plenty of time for a wedding AND touring the island. Therefore, a Santorini wedding is very much a possibility. Not through the cruise line though. Much cheaper to book a local wedding planner

Edited by land64shark

• 4 weeks later...