New to Saga and looking for advice

rojojacko

Hi. Although we are new to Saga, we are seasoned cruisers and are booked on the Northern Lights cruise for February 28th. We are very much looking forward to it and have heard nothing but good reports and friends did the same cruise in 2022 and had a great time. We booked through an agent but didn’t realise that we wouldn’t be able to access the Saga ‘manage my booking’ which I understand allows the excursions to be booked once released and gives information about the chauffeur service. 

Can anyone please advise me when to contact Saga directly to book the excursions and find out about the transfer. Also, our booking came with on board credit from the agent, what is there to spend this on once onboard? 

Many thanks. 

Rob

• Like 1

Try calling Saga to book excursions as soon as possible as some are sold out quickly. I can highly recommend the dog sledding and the Ice Hotel excursions. We did those last year.
I understand that booking through an agent means that you have to rely on them for information and communications so contact them too.

Saga open up an on-board account for you (you can register a credit or debit card once on board) and if the OBC is added to your account it may simply be treated as a credit balance.

Any spends on board (shop, premium wines,duty free,photos, excursions booked on board, medical fees, etc.) goes through the on board account, so your OBC will be used for that.

When our account was in credit on the final accounting day (cancelled excursions) the credit balance was refunded to our credit card.

Never had OBC with Saga, but you may be lucky and find that any unused OBC gets refunded to you as a normal credit balance.

6 hours ago, Kohima said:

Try calling Saga to book excursions as soon as possible as some are sold out quickly. I can highly recommend the dog sledding and the Ice Hotel excursions. We did those last year.
I understand that booking through an agent means that you have to rely on them for information and communications so contact them too.

8 hours ago, rojojacko said:

Can anyone please advise me when to contact Saga directly to book the excursions and find out about the transfer. Also, our booking came with on board credit from the agent, what is there to spend this on once onboard? 

Alternatively go online. We did this afternoon and secured everything that we wanted including one excursion that we know is restricted to just a handful of people.