Reserving Specialty Dining using Platinum Perks

Cruslovncpl

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked/answered but couldn't find it. We are Platinum which entitles us to 1 Dinner for 2 and 1 Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine, is that correct? We also have the Dining Package for 3 dinners for 2. That should be 5 dinners total, correct?

I was able to reserve 4 dinners at no charge. When I tried to reserve the 5th dinner, it showed a payment amount due. Am I doing something wrong? If I reserve & pay the amount, will it be credited back to my account once I have the Platinum Dinner coupon in hand?  Appreciate any help/tips anyone can provide.

Irene

You need to always book the fixed price restaurants first and only then a la carte. 

The booking system only understand that you have a 3 meal package. It doesn’t understand you have the platinum dinners on top of those 3 meals even though you have them. So after you booked 3 first dinners the system thinks you have used all free dinners already. 

There wouldn’t be a problem if the fixed priced restaurant (restaurant reservation nbr 5) had been reserved as part of reservations 1-3 and then only a la carte restaurants for reservations 4-5 as a la carte is never paid in advance. 

Best thing that you can do now is contact NCL and cancel the reservations you already made and then reserve once again using a different order of reservation (fixed priced restaurants first). You will though be credited back once onboard when you show them the platinum voucher if you want to do it that way and not start cancelling and re-booking now. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

I'm going on my first NCL cruise in May; my wife and I are joining two friends on the Prima.  We all have FAS from back when it was 4 meals each and want to book Hasuki for one night. Is there a way to link the reservations so I don't have to prepay anything but can book for the 4 of us?

No need to link anything on NCL.

Regardless of how many people you book the restaurant for the system will consider it as only one credit used by you and your wife. 

When you go to the restaurant onboard they will ask how you pay and then your friends will show them their keycard and say they want to use their package for their payment. 

Edited by European_CruiseGirl

3 hours ago, Cruslovncpl said:

Hi all,

I'm sure this has been asked/answered but couldn't find it. We are Platinum which entitles us to 1 Dinner for 2 and 1 Dinner for 2 with a bottle of wine, is that correct? We also have the Dining Package for 3 dinners for 2. That should be 5 dinners total, correct?

I was able to reserve 4 dinners at no charge. When I tried to reserve the 5th dinner, it showed a payment amount due. Am I doing something wrong? If I reserve & pay the amount, will it be credited back to my account once I have the Platinum Dinner coupon in hand?  Appreciate any help/tips anyone can provide.

Irene

Teppanyaki has to be reserved first, otherwise it defaults to a charge.  Don"t ask me why it just does.