Freedom of the seas staterooms smaller!?!?!

i have an interior stateroom aboard freedom of the seas and noticed it is 152 sq. ft. the last ship i was on; mariner of the seas, said mariner had their interior rooms at 158 sq. ft. also in mariner description is said that there was a wet bar and sitting area and all that stuff included in the room, freedom had none of this. is this all true and the rooms being smaller on freedom or is it just not updated yet from rci?! does anybody know?

Don't worry. In order to compensate for making the cabins smaller and keep the illusion that they are actually larger the furniture will be downsized as well. The two beds that made up in to a queen will now make up in to a double. The spacious nightstand that was previously 10 inches wide will now be six inches wide. Adults will only get childrens life vests to save room in the new mini-closets. As for the bathroom, I heard that they have relocated the toilet inside the shower......:eek:

Plus, ceiling will be at 7'-6', thus saving 6'' per deck. Times that by 15 decks, you now have room for an additional deck without increasing the height of the ship, netting even more berths, thus more profits!

I don't think we really know the actual size of the rooms yet. Originally, it also said that the balconies were smaller. Now they have changed that and the balconies are quite a bit larger than those of the Voyager class. I bet they announce the actual size of the rooms shortly before she is released to RCCL. That is just a gut feeling, but I think they will be larger.

Plus, ceiling will be at 7'-6', thus saving 6'' per deck. Times that by 15 decks, you now have room for an additional deck without increasing the height of the ship, netting even more berths, thus more profits!

I heard that the extra deck was going to be at the waterline so they could put oars in the water similar to the Roman galley ships. Since the dining room staff has nothing to do between meals they will be sent to row for a few hours to decrease the cost of fuel for the engines and increase profits....:rolleyes:

i hope to GOD they dont do that---smaller cabins WITH smaller furnature and stuff.....that would be stupid i tihnnk....it's a bigger shipo----dont make smaller rooms...and toilets in the showers........OH wow....this should be interesting.

i hope to GOD they dont do that---smaller cabins WITH smaller furnature and stuff.....that would be stupid i tihnnk....it's a bigger shipo----dont make smaller rooms...and toilets in the showers........OH wow....this should be interesting.

That was a joke:eek:

Archived