Cabin Attendants

dmk

On the first day, when you meet your cabin attendant, what do you ask them to do to make your life and theirs easier.:)

I usually ask for extra towels, a down pillow and if they can empty the bar. But I always think of other things during the cruise. I would love to get it all straightened away the first day.

What else do you ask for?

My wife always likes a couple of extra towels and I like 3 pillows so we usually need another pillow. We also like ice so we ask for ice for the evening (when they set up for the evening) which never seems to phase them much. Other than that we always ask them where they are from and eventually, during the cruise we like to ask about their families and culture where they live (assuming they are not from California). They are usually pretty busy so we don't like to waste too much of their time with frivolities, but it does make for a fun cruise. We've always had great cabin people and always try to tip them extra for their work.

I never thought of having the bar emptied. That's a good idea since we never use any of the stuff out of there anyway and it would nice to have more room for stuff we bring along (mostly water).

Tom

I always get a balcony room so I'll ask, instead of ice or water in the evening, if it would be possible to have a pitcher of ice tea and some glasses (which is never a problem as long as they know in advance) and then enjoy a nice glass of tea on the balcony to watch the sunsets. Also if you have a beach day, ask for beach towels in advance and they'll have them in your cabin the night before so you can concentrate getting your family together instead of fighting at the gangway for towels. If we have a room where we get fresh fruit (CC class, etc.) we also ask our room attendant of they would get us oranges and bananas instead of the random mix you normally get. This isn't a problem and that way we have the fruits we like and don't have spoiling fruit by the end of the cruise.

Archived